[OBSOLETE] ArloPilot - Enhanced Arlo System Integration

Is anybody seeing issues getting the arlo mode to change via virtual switch this morning? Was working fine yesterday and all of last week. This morning, I cant get my arlo mode to change.

EDIT: It’s working now. Don’t know what happened. Although there was a slight tick on Downdetector about 39 minutes ago for arlo. All better now

All you need to do to make it min instead of hours is update the line 49 from

schedule("0 0 0/${frequency} * * ?", arloRefresh)

to

schedule("0 0/${frequency} 0 * * ?", arloRefresh)

Ok thank you very much. I’ll try that this weekend. But even with this program unless I start a live video within SmartThings. Otherwise the log files say unchanged image or not requested by ST. Even though my Arlos detect motion, record the video and turn on or off the desired lights. Just no image for the pic carasol tile except the new live video.

@ChadofCNC
I just updated the app with a way to change between min and seconds so have fun.

You may want to try turning of the virtual tiles and having them recreate. I am not sure what to tell you since that image refreshes on mine like clockwork. It uses a MD5 Checksum which was pretty much a industry standard to check for file differences. I generally don’t open up the live view so it is just working.

I saw an issue where one of my smartapp functions didn’t fully complete last night. I think it is one of those Smartthings Hicups.

What’s the deal with the arlopilot thumbnails to be brought into actiontiles? Is that something that people still have working? I couldn’t tell if it still works from the conversation above.

It is working for me

I have arlopilot images working in actiontiles. shows the latest image like the arlo app.

Hmmm. That means I have something wrong… When I go into the arlopilot app, to where it shows the external access options and generates the URL for the thumbnail, clicking “open in browser” all i get is the word “false” on the screen. Using the URL it generates in actiontiles as media also doesn’t show any images.

What might I be doing wrong? Arlopilot is controlling arlo based on SHM fine (I commented out that line suggested in this thread). OAuth is enabled for the smartapp, the arlopilot camera tile device handler is published for me.

Oh wait, I figured it out. I’m an idiot, I never hit “save”. oops.

Yes. Info is here. [RELEASE] ArloPilot - Enhanced Arlo System Integration

I have the app installed and can change modes etc but if I try to create the virtual camera tiles then press ‘save’ I get the error message “An unexpected error occurred.” and if I try to view the link in a browser I get ‘false’.

The error message in the log says:
30f3d4dd-74c8-4fb5-8617-8c5018efd17d 16:00:24: error physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘arloPilotCameraTile’ in namespace ‘shackrat’ not found. @line 149 (doCall)

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?!

Don’t worry - sorted - hadn’t installed the second device handler!

How do you tell if the chime is associated with a mode? I have realized that it will switch from SHM Off to SHM Stay/AWAY but it won’t flip back when I disarm my system. I don’t see how I can figure out why the system wont change to SHM Off mode.

Don’t know if this is my problem or if other logs are needed. This is the only thing that looks out of place in live logging when I try to see a new image using your app or in ArloPilot app. For whatever reason a new image is always posted if I do a live view. I don’t know if its because there is motion which triggers a recording and a light is turned on.

d9b5f91e-7ee6-42e4-9535-5c3550285f6d 1:28:37 PM: warn [SM] handleRecordVideo() - Incoming clip was not requested by ST. Ignoring

d9b5f91e-7ee6-42e4-9535-5c3550285f6d 1:28:37 PM: trace [SM] Executing handleRecordVideo()

d9b5f91e-7ee6-42e4-9535-5c3550285f6d 1:28:37 PM: trace [SM] Executing handleDeviceAlert()

d9b5f91e-7ee6-42e4-9535-5c3550285f6d 1:28:37 PM: trace [SM] Executing handleSuccess()

d9b5f91e-7ee6-42e4-9535-5c3550285f6d 1:28:37 PM: trace [SM] Executing vendorMessage()

d9b5f91e-7ee6-42e4-9535-5c3550285f6d 1:27:21 PM: warn [SM] handleRecordVideo() - Incoming clip was not requested by ST. Ignoring

d9b5f91e-7ee6-42e4-9535-5c3550285f6d 1:27:21 PM: trace [SM] Executing handleRecordVideo()

d9b5f91e-7ee6-42e4-9535-5c3550285f6d 1:27:21 PM: trace [SM] Executing handleDeviceAlert()

d9b5f91e-7ee6-42e4-9535-5c3550285f6d 1:27:21 PM: trace [SM] Executing handleSuccess()

d9b5f91e-7ee6-42e4-9535-5c3550285f6d 1:27:21 PM: trace [SM] Executing vendorMessage()

d9b5f91e-7ee6-42e4-9535-5c3550285f6d 1:27:01 PM: debug [SM] handleMotionEvent() - Motion event message from ST Device Name=Entryway Arlo

d9b5f91e-7ee6-42e4-9535-5c3550285f6d 1:27:01 PM: debug [SM] handleMotionEvent() - Motion event message from sensorId=52M1817GB8E81

You have to do it either from the Arlo Cloud or from the Arlo App.

From the Arlo app click on the mode tab, Select the item labled Arlo Base Station. select the pencil next to the mode you want to check. Now you will need to go into each rule for that mode and make sure there is no siren or chime listed in the “Then Do The Following” section.

That log data doesn’t look related to smartthings but the Arlo Connect app that gets setup with you setup the integration. It looks like what is triggered when a recording is occurs outside of Smartthings. You need to look at live loging and then select the device arlopilot created for your camera. The device name should be somthing like Cameraname-Arlopilot.

I checked every mode and as I suspected, no chime or alarm is associated with it. I am so confused what is happening. Arlopiot will fire from SHM Off to SHM Stay/Away but not in the reverse. AHHHHHH!!! Driving me nuts.

Do you think deleting that mode and rebuilding it would work?

Throwing in my two cents. I have had trouble with the mode’s changing. I did comment out the line and have made sure before that the code was updated from the repo. I don’t know for certain but I wonder if changing to custom modes stopped working once I added the security light. Now it has it’s own modes called mode2, etc on the web interface. Could that be throwing off the changes? Like I said, I think the problems started around the time I added the light but I am not positive. Otherwise, I need to get back home and try to isolate what is happening.

Just curious what camera do you guys have. My arlo q cameras have worked without a hitch. It is the alro pro 2 cameras with the base station that have some flakiness if the siren or the chime was added. Do the lights need to link to a base

Has anyone got this to work with the Arlo Baby?