[OBSOLETE] Aeotec Home Energy Meter Gen 5 composite DTH

Mhh ok and how i see that it is included in secure mode?? And has each clamp his own device then on things??

Negative values mean your clamps are installed in the wrong direction. Aeotec HEM is capable of measuring both positive and negative values (useful for people with solar panel installations that send unused power back to the grid) so the direction the clamp is installed on the wire is important - check the manual for information.

Read the Tips section of the first post on how to include the HEM securely. To check if it’s included securely go to Devices tab in the IDE and check if the Raw Description section for the main device of the HEM contains “zw:Ls” if it’s only “zw:L” it’s not included securely.

The raw description show zw:L it needs to show zw:Ls

Your story sounds similar to mine. Mine seems to work perfectly for a bit but then drops off during power outages and just for some reason will not re-gain communication. I am using ver:1.31

Mhh im not sure i tried to reconnect the HEM now like 10 times. I pushed the button twice and the devices are 2m away from each other. But everytime the raw descreption is Zw:L -_-

And can you please try to make the DTH working with the new ST app?!

I have the same problem after erasing the hub/location.
@tblack2200 How did you fixed it?
I am able to see the Aeotec HEM Gen5 from New ST app but not on IDE devices list or Classic App.

Hi guys. Same problem for me. Just purchased HEM Gen5, added it more than 5 time (pressed twice and once) but can’t see this device in devices list on graph. I can see this device as on @Augustin , but can’t change device handler.

What am doing wrong?

P.S. Tried to edit this device by setting up the correct URL: got GUID from logs, and format the URL like this: smartthings.com/device/show/ff2f5cf
e9d93. Got “Access Denied”

I have a open ticket with Aoetec and Smartthings.
This is the response from Aeotec support(15 days ago):

I don’t think you are doing anything wrong, recently I have seen reported issues on this specific but I am not sure what is causing this**. I am testing as well on my ST hub and seeing the same issues here.**

I am looking for workarounds, but I also have emailed SmartThings earlier today and am waiting for a response to see what could cause HEM Gen5 to not show up on SmartThings classic.

Cheers,

Chris Cheng

Field Application Engineer

Aeon Labs

1 Like

@brusini
Apparently Aeon Labs has no solution, I just got another update:

I have not been able to find a resolution at this time, I am still trying to push SmartThings support to determine why the device does not show up at all in Classic or IDE. I recommend contacting their support team to see if they can further help.
I will try reaching other contacts in SmartThings.

1 Like

Have you checked for a duplicate location in the IDE?

1 Like

Yes, No duplicate location.
The Field Application Engineer from Aeon Labs previously said:

yeah, just strange it wouldn’t show up in the IDE at all. They added support a month ago to the “normal” groovy device handler. Looks like it went to production October 9th. Anything groovy based should show up in the IDE

2 Likes

I am trying to add this Handler but I get this error:
Org.springframework.security.access.AccessDeniedException: Run Locally Permission not allowed for DeviceType: 70252c79-1865-40c1-8cc7-e5

What do you mean “normal” DH?

you don’t need to add that handler. As of October 9th, that’s the default handler that gets assigned when you pair the device to smartthings.

Ok, I will delete the custom handler {Aeotec Handler} for HEM5 and try to add it again. Thank you.

Got almost same response from Aeon Support. Also, opened a ticked on SM support. Just a wonderful conversation, it looks like they trying to skip any my details and replied with prepared by marketers flood, without any suggestions.

At the moment HEM stopped work correctly even in New App. Just showing “Getting status” and hung for a while.

Using Classic App and trying to include HEM Gen5, today show this message.

Got same yesterday

I purchased one. could not get it for the life of me to connect to my st hub.
aeon tech support said lots of people having issues and smart things wouldn’t help.
ordered a replacement just to make sure it was my device.
replacement synced right up.
using these dht’s is perfect thanks!
totally happy now!

1 Like

Could not roll back Hibernate transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.TransactionException: JDBC rollback failed

Getting this error when trying to save and publish the DH

What stupid mistake am I doing??