[OBSOLETE] Aeotec Home Energy Meter Gen 5 composite DTH

Mine looks like this:
zw:L type:3101 mfr:0086 prod:0002 model:001C ver:1.08 zwv:3.67 lib:03 cc:70,32,60,85,72,86 epc:3 ep:[‘3101 32’]

Could I have this problem due to my version with 3 phase and 3 wires?

We are running different firmware but also my meter is a different model so that is probably why (I run 60A EU 3 clamp version). Also that combined with the fact that it didn’t pair in secure mode is probably why the fingerprint in the DTH was not matched to your device as the reported model and supported command list is different. But DTH should not have any impact on the pairing process. You can try editing the following lines in the DTH:

fingerprint mfr: "0086", model: "005F"
fingerprint mfr: "0086", prod: "0002", model: "001C"

to

fingerprint mfr: "0086", model: "001C"
fingerprint mfr: "0086", prod: "0002", model: "001C"

After that it should recognize the HEM when pairing but I don’t think it’ll help.

Try repairing z-wave network na pairing again (try double, triple presses). My meter didn’t accept configuration when it was not securely included and it looks like your has the same issue. Unfortunately if that is the case there is nothing I can do with this DTH to help you.

You can try contacting Aeotec support for a new firmware but you’ll need z-wave to usb adapter to perform it (like Aeotec Z-Stick or UZB1, SmartStick+)

Thanks, @ClassicGOD. I realise that the ‘unsecured’ pairing is not related to your DTH.

I could not find anything on the www (or in the manual) indicating any other pairing process than a single press of the device’s button. I did, however, try your double press technique as indicated earlier and will try multiple presses suggestion as well.

My HEMs are also supposed to be the 60A EUR 3 clamp versions. I will investigate further over the weekend.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Thanks for the feedback!

I also thought I had the EU 3 clamp 60A version :slight_smile:
So, are we down to firmware issues then or what to do?

1 Like

zw:L type:3101 mfr:0086 prod:0002 model:001C ver:1.08 zwv:3.67 lib:03 cc:70,32,60,85,72,86 epc:3 ep:[‘3101 32’]

Based on the “model” (model:001C) value, the HEM you are using is for the HEM G2, I am unsure if this device handler will work with the HEM G2 as its developed for the HEM Gen5.

1C converts to 28 in decimals which is the DSB28.

The HEM Gen5 is the ZW095. If you are using the HEM Gen5, the model value should be model:005F

1 Like

That is interesting - I will have to check, but I specified the Gen 5 when I purchased it.
Are there any external features which will help me to determine which version I have?

If it’s DSB28 that would explain why it doesn’t join in secure mode.

I think this DTH should be more or less compatible with DSB28 - the Sync Incomplete issue is probably caused by differences in available parameters between the versions.

@949BFN did the DTH create child devices (you have to have the child device dth installed)? if so ho many (should be 3 for 3 clamp meter) and do they report data?

PS> @ccheng any news on my support ticket? :stuck_out_tongue:

@949BFN

It should be labeled on the back of the HEM Gen5 right under the mount. You should be able to find the model number there. (HEM G2 and HEM Gen5 have identical casings).

@ClassicGOD

Sorry about that one :frowning: I completely forgot here to be honest and lost track of the email. Could you remind me of the ticket # and i’ll double check?

I recently received another ticket from someone with a similar issue which had me investigate directly here. I contacted one of our engineers to investigate further on the issue as i only have access to the 2 phase version.

Yes, I have the (3) child devices and they do report data. I’m searching no to determine what the differences are etc. Do you perhaps know when the Gen 5 came out? I only purchased them about a month ago.

Wonder what the difference between G3 and Gen5 is related to the device handler?

It creates 3 child devices on my hub, and it reads data for at least two of the child devices.

I personally don’t know the date, but the HEM Gen5 2 phase for the US version came out much earlier last year which is what i currently use.

I think the HEM Gen5 3 phase 4 wire (3 clamp version is more recent within the past 3-4 months).

Do you know off-hand what the differences are feature-wise? Looks like I was sold the DSB28 (although I ordered the Gen 5)

I got mine about a month ago. Main difference is support for Z-Wave Plus (aka Gen 5) with it’s additional security features. Other functionality is the same I think.

Main difference would be the update to the HEM Gen5 would be Z-Wave Chipset change to Z-Wave Plus. That is typically the main difference.

The HEM Gen5 supports a later version of the Meter command class which allows for kVar and kVah readout values. I don’t think SmartThings supports this yet.

My ticket # is 15088 :wink:

Thanks guys. Quit upset about this, but it is some consolation that the feature set is more or less the same.
@ClassicGOD, would it be possible to modify your DTH to use it with the DSB28? (Remember, I have the issue of the parameters sync failing all the time, which we thought was due to the device not connecting securely.)

I’ll have a look at the documentation over a weekend - if it’s something simple I’ll try to provide a modified DTH.

That would be so nice of you! So far I can’t even find a DTH for the Gen 2 - it seems there is one by SANdood, but he warns that it doesn’t work with Android and I’m only using Android.

Thanks ClassicGOD! That would be great. Same situation here, and I haven’t been able to find a DH that works for this.

This is a major bummer for me. I have a 3-phase backup generator at my house and I was going to use the meter to monitor each phase and to turn off appliances etc. to prevent one of the phases exceeding its maximum rating (which causes the generator to shut down.)
It is therefore essential for me to be able to get the readings of the phases separately if I want to use webCoRE to monitor the current and turn off high consumption devices.