oAuth Issues all cloud to cloud integrations broken (02/05/16)

i dont think that was exactly it, changes for that were completed as you said 4 days ago, this however is a day after news reports of security vulnerabilities…which they didn’t respond to directly prior to the stories running.

I personally know Sharptools was working fine up until just after 8am BST as i was using it fine after setting back up my phone after a factory reset and then five minutes later it broke and has been down since.

2 Likes

My Sharptools worked at 7am when I left the house this morning (I use it in combination with tasker to perform exit routines). So clearly broken from mid morning.

1 Like

I guess that might depend on whether the original UK OAuth fix was just a workaround or permanent. I can’t find a definitive answer but I do remember people commenting at the time that it would fall over when the system changed

maybe @tgauchat might know where we finally ended up with this. As he had some good insights at the time.

At the moment it looks like we are playing wack a mole as integrations are up one minute for one person and then down the next.

I’m planning on doing a system by system check when I get home to see if what is happening in reality.

SharpTools had a UK workaround in place in November and the official Global OAuth implemented on January 13th. I’m looking forward to some of the SmartThings employees coming online this morning so we can sort out the issue.

3 Likes

System is still broke. Man this is frustrating. If it aint broke dont fix it because 99% of the time you screw something else up. Sharptools is clearly down now. Tried to reauth and no go

i am not seeing the same thing in the US at the moment. Can you shoot an email over to support@smartthings.com so they can check out your account?

Looks like the UK Oauth issues should be nearly all addressed. If you are still having issues, shoot an email over to support@smartthings.co.uk

1 Like

Nope problem started at midnight last night, US, and still going on and still has to do with sharp tools. Get the same issue as above
Error
500: Internal Server Error
URI
/hub/show/e4c964f4-03ab-4ae8-946c-735263105919
Reference Id
3a031e56-d84d-43f9-9a01-d388202de3a5
Date
Tue May 03 09:17:53 UTC 2016

@Aaron, I sent an email to raise a ticket at just after 07:00 UTC this morning, Support haven’t provided me with a ticket ID but sent a response back at 11:18 stating the below.

i then sent an email back stating that it wasn’t fixed and Sharptools is still broken and asked for an update on the root cause.

to which now nearly 4 hours later i have not received a response or even a ticket id so i am unable to give you the reference.

but you state the below

any update for transparency what caused the oAuth issue? and how can future occurrences be prevented?

you have enough tickets raised, how about you guys address the support tickets you have for this issue first before requesting new ones.

1 Like

Also sent in a ticket and waiting for a response

ok just got a response from support stating that the issue with sharptools is unrelated to the oAuth issues this morning and they are currently working with @joshua_lyon to resolve, and the oAuth Issue this morning is unrelated to the news stories circulating regarding the security vulnerabilities that Michigan Uni found, so my speculation it seems was purely just that…speculation.

However ST still apparently have not located the Root cause of the issue this morning and it is being investigated, so i will sign out and wait for a fix. @joshua_lyon could you update this thread once you are aware its fixed?

2 Likes

Hmmm dont think I will believe that. Just so happens that they are having other issues, Sharptool breaks at the exact same time. Yea right. Until then I have to disable my alarm because there is no other reliable presence tool except for Sharptool and Tasker.

1 Like

We are working directly with Josh to get this resolved. I am also checking on OAuth stuff widely to see if there is something going on, I will report back to you guys as soon as I have an answer.

OK, so, we had a node go bad. We have fixed that, and it should be good now. This happened an a “scale-up”. We are doing a post mortum internally to dissect what happened so we can prevent it in the future.

One thing to note, if you have sharptools, please don’t uninstall it, our hopes are you will be able to re-authenticate and not lose your settings.

2 Likes

Nope logged out and logged back in…same error

Same here. Not working.

@mckenph @Mats_Bengtsson i think what @slagle meant by that was don’t uninstall. as once they have it fixed it should be a case of simply re-authorising. he wasnt saying its now fixed.

as for me its too late as ive uninstalled, as i was trying to get a handle on the issue, but its not a bother as i had very little set up as i had already just started from scratch this morning. so at least i can be a guinea pig for new installs.

@slagle i take it what you meant by [quote=“slagle, post:54, topic:46936”]
This happened an a “scale-up”.
[/quote]

is that you had an automated method to provision more resources when the load dictated, but this provisioning failed?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Just for a matter of interest, wouldn’t the oauth/ app sign in issue be the type of issue that gets flagged on the status board? Or was it just a few of us unlucky enough to be affected?

Too late for me too. I didn’t really have alot to lose. I’ll redo it all after its fixed.

Josh (SmartThings)
May 3, 10:39 AM
Hey Phil,
Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the issue you are seeing.
We are aware of the issue and are working with the creator of Sharptools to resolve this issue. Will let you know as soon as it is resolved.
Best Regards,
Josh
SmartThings Support

Really wish we could here from the Sharptools creator and where the problem actually is. Just seems kind of odd that this problem all started after a few changes