NYCE sensors

I picked up a NYCE tilt sensor at Lowe’s: NCZ-3014 marked for Iris on package, and listed as supported by ST in NYCE’s website.
ST will recognize it as NYCE Open/Close device and report back battery level, but I don’t get any status changes when I tilt the sensor. When pressing the device button twice as instructed in manual to test for status, I get 3 yellow blinks which means the device is still trying to pair with the hub. It stays like this forever. Anyone else was successful in adding the Tilt sensor fully to ST? anything I can do to complete the pairing process??

1 Like

Please be aware that while our sensor products are HA1.2 compliant, some aspects of our ZigBee sensors may be tailored to be specific to the ecosystem they are intended for. We cannot guarantee that our sensor products intended for the Control4 or Lowe’s systems will work properly with SmartThings hubs.
SmartThings will begin publishing our sensor device types with their next scheduled firmware release.
At that time, our devices being currently sold on Amazon will have their listings updated to include SmartThings as a compatible ecosystem.

2 Likes

@NYCE_Support Can you provide any information on the hinge sensors? Roadmap to availability and thickness of the hinge itself?

1 Like

I can see NYCE NCZ-3014 sensor is supported in ST website. Anyone recently used it? does it report open/close status of the garage door?

1 Like

I’ve used it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, it reports the open/close status of a door based on orientation.

2 Likes

Hey I picked one up from Amazon, I followed instructions:

1. from smartthings android app, clicked + and selected Open/Close then NYCE tilt sensor.
  2. pressed add now.
  3. pulled the plastic sheet from the battery.
  4. pressed the black button 4 times.

smart app then stay at “Identifying” for a very long time, when I interrupt it, I see an unknown device added and nothing can be done.

Any help is appreciated. @NYCE_Support

2 Likes

Sorry for the trouble! Make sure you send an email to support@smartthings.com and we’ll help you troubleshoot.

Thanks!

1 Like

I did thanks @Tyler

Since this is my first ever device to connect to smart things, I thought I missed something obvious, but it looks like it is more serious that I thought.

1 Like

@Tyler
@NYCE_Support

I’ve spent a good 5 hours trying different things with the help of support. Nothing worked and the NCZ-3014 did not report Open/Close status.

After 4 button presses, phone app change from “Searching” to “Identifying” then I get a couple of red flashes on the sensor and the phone app stay at “Identifying” forever.
I tried 10 presses and nothing happens.
I tried changing the device type to NYCE tilt sensor from graph api web portal and still doesn’t work.

The sensor is going back to Amazon! :frowning:

1 Like

I bought two NCZ-3011 off Amazon knowing that’d I’d probably have issues until NYCE and ST get everything worked out. Installation and size are the big selling points. I’ll report how it goes as they’re sitting on my desk right now.

1 Like

We have an improved device type that @NYCE_Support has helped us with. We expect to publish it soon, however I don’t believe this improvement would help with problems during pairing.

If you have trouble pairing this device (or any device) make sure you shoot an email to support@smartthings.com.

1 Like

Installed them both in 15 minutes or so. Super easy to install and they allow for plenty of space between the sensor and the magnet. Pulled the battery tab and 5 seconds later I was configuring it in the app. I’ll be buying these for my other doors and windows. I highly recommend the NCZ-3011 window/door sensors!

2 Likes

I see that the tilt and window sensors support ST what about the motion sensors?

1 Like

NYCE motion sensors are not yet supported. We hope to have them supported around September.

1 Like

I would love to pick up a couple of these motion sensors. They look nice and small (i.e. unobtrusive). The product info sheets on the NYCE website have the “works with SmartThings” logo (including the motion sensors). Pretty misleading if they’re not yet supported…

1 Like

Hi all,
I bought both types of NYCE motion sensors (ceiling and standard). Both pair with ST fine (but aren’t listed in device types)…and setup as a motion detector and detect motion pretty well. However, the temp and humidity readings don’t show up…yet. I’m assuming ST is still working that, per Tyler’s message earlier in this thread?

1 Like

I emailed NYCE support to ask why they feature the “works with ST” logo on their website, even for their motion sensors. They told me that the device certification process should have been finished months ago but ST has caused a delay. @Tyler, why does this process take so long? This thread suggests that NYCE’s sensors have been in the device certification process for over a year.

1 Like

Hey Mark!

We’ve been working on some major overhauls to the way our ZigBee device type handlers work. The certification hold-ups (on our end) are related to these overhauls. That work is close to being completed so you’ll see the remaining NYCE sensors checked as certified as well.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. These motion sensors are smaller than most others that I’ve been able to find, and that goes a long way towards maximizing the WAF!

1 Like

I’ve got 2 NYCE motion sensors (the round/ceiling mount one, and the small rectangular one). Both work fine as motion sensors, but don’t currently have support in the device type for temp and humidity (which the sensor can report). I look forward to that. The NYCE sensors are a really nice size.

I do get a random (once a day) motion push alert on the rectangular sensor. Not sure why, but I believe it is unrelated to NYCE.

1 Like