NST Manager Update UK

open nst thermostat smart app in smartthings - or go to NST manager in automation?

ST mobile app

NST Manager

exactly the same as posted above earlier

Open the NST Manager SmartApp under Automation/SmartApps

You sent screenshot of the Thermostat which is a device.

here you go

There’s your issue.

All you have to do is login to Nest.

Make sure that when you login, you select “Accept” before proceeding with Save / Done / Next. Make sure that after you successfully login and accept that you press the buttons until it exits you all the way out.

Press click to enter nest credentials.

Wait a few minutes before opening the device.

You can go over to your Nest App first and Works with Nest to show that your token has been added by you.

lol - guess who feels silly now :blush::blush::blush::blush:

thanks for your help on this

Lol. No worries. So much to try and keep up with in the ST world. Trust me, you aren’t the only one.

Glad it’s working. Glad I could help.

Do me a favor if you would. Mark that post above as Solution ✓ so if anyone else comes across your topic they can resolve themselves. :slight_smile:

all done thanks

1 Like

Excellent!

I am on the us version of nst manager and had a question that no matter how many times I go back into settings and change the product id and secret product code it does not update leaving me with the missing client id in nst manager in smarthings mobile app.

I am lost and have no idea what I have done wrong. I did create a nest developer account and keep trying to paste in but to no avail.

If you are in the U.K., you should not be using the na04.usa address to access IDE. Try using https://account.smartthings.com and you should be redirected to the U.K. shard. If you are in the US, you are posting in the wrong thread.

Yes in the US sorry thanks.

Please see my reply in NST Manager thread.