Trying to figure out how to create a automation that will notify if a contact sensor for a door is left open for more than 5 min. Thank you in advance.
This was added to the automation creator about a month or so ago. It’s pretty straightforward.
One) choose the + in the upper right of the main screen
2) choose automation
3) For the IF, choose device status
4) select the sensor you want
5) choose open and then select “save” in the upper right
6) Now you will see an option that lets you set a specified period of time. Set that for the time period you want
7) now set up the THEN for the automation and use “notify a member.“ you can send a push notification or a text message.
That should do it. If you need something more complicated, there are other methods, but this one is the most straightforward now.
If you do find you need additional options, see the community FAQ: