Nothing but problems since service upgrade

Caught in the “not our fault” ST nightmare…

Ever since the service upgrade, I have had nothing but issues. Outside the visual displeasing new Android/iPhone app (font 22 scroll forever) I have experience extreme lag and various other issues on my ST V2. Had zero issues prior to. The most recent problems are show stoppers and just about done with this product.

A month ago I started having issues with one of my My Yale Real Living Zwave door lock. It kept unlocking immediately after locking. Both, had worked flawlessly almost 3 years previous. So, no…there is no issue physically. I tried resetting among other recommendations with no solution. I eventually tried ST in desperation and received the “not our problem”. Tried Yale “not our problem but likely a bad zwave module… here’s a discount code” (which I never received by email). I ended up replacing the lock out of desperation… Fast forward to today…guess what…

The other door lock experiencing the EXACT same symptoms out of the blue. Auto unlocks immediately after locking the door. Sorry, I am not buying physical or Yale. I have deleted the lock from ST and symptoms stop. (I should have tried this with the 1st lock…oh well)

ST, this is CLEARLY on you. Not sure what you have done…what you are doing. But, between the extreme latency now and this…just about done with you.