This is an unofficial Eight Sleep and SmartThings integration. With this smart app and device handler you are able to connect the Eight Sleep Mattress and Cover to SmartThings. https://www.eightsleep.com
This integration is provided completely free of charge and is open source. If however you really feel like it, you can make a donation here
Ensure you install the latest versions of both the Smart App and Device Handler
Smart App - Eight Sleep (Connect) v1.0b - Updated 26/01/2017 20:15
- (1.0b) Token renew error fix.
- Remove BETA label.
Device Handler - Eight Sleep Mattress v1.1 - Updated 13/11/2017 12:30
- Add back up method for determining sleep event if presence values from API become unreliable.
- Eight Sleep Cover (tested)
- Eight Sleep Mattress
- Separate devices within SmartThings for left and right side of bed.
- On/Off functionality
- Control heat level and set timer within SmartThings
- Turn on notifications from your Eight Sleep mattress
- View historic sleep/presence data within SmartThings app
- View mattress presence status
- Feed latest Sleep Score event into SmartThings. Turn on the coffee machine if you’ve had a terrible nights sleep.
- Full control over your Eight Sleep Mattress including usage in rules and routines (i.e, CoRE)!!
To install the Eight Sleep (Connect) app and Eight Sleep Mattress device handler:
Add the Eight Sleep (Connect) app from GitHub as a new ‘My SmartApps’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.
Add the Eight Sleep Mattress device type from GitHub as a new ‘My Device Handlers’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.
Add the Eight Sleep (Connect) app within the ST app from the Marketplace, then selecting the ‘SmartApps’ tab and locating the Eight Sleep (Connect) app under the ‘My Apps’ section which should be at the bottom of the list.
Add your Eight Sleep credentials (email and password) and select ‘Done’ on top right of app.
You should be able to select your Eight Sleep devices in the configuration screen.
Once you have selected your devices, click Done on the top right.
For every Eight Sleep device, you should see two devices automatically appear under ‘Things’ with the labels Eight Sleep [device ID] [Left] and Eight Sleep [device ID] [Right] (may require SmartThings app restart). You most likely will want to relabel these devices to something more useful. This can be done by pressing the settings icon on the top right of the device tile screen.
Github Repository Integration details:
Owner: alyc100, Name: SmartThingsPublic, Branch: master
Please post your comments, any issues experienced, suggestions and feedback on this topic thread.