Is there a NOAA Severe Weather Alert device handler out there? if not, is there a similar-ish DTH you could point me to so I can make one before spring? I was wanting to bring alert information into webcore, specifically Hail alerts to automate hail protection.
Here is generally what I was thinking:
- If you go to http://alerts.weather.gov/#m and find your state and county and copy the code
- Then paste it at the end of this URL: http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwaatmget.php?x=
- Then parse the returned page
- Filter as needed for the stuff you don’t care about
- Then create simple switch device(s) that are set\reset based on the parsed results.
I scanned the forums (mostly echo related) and IFTTT and didn’t see a great option.