No stock? - Discontinued?

Just been on Amazon UK website and a motion sensor can be expected for dispatch between 14th Nov to 12th of Dec.
Go for a Fibaro one from Vesternet.

And the SmartThings hub on Amazon - > Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months

Come on Samsung sort this out - It’s embarrassing…!

I had a few things on order from Amazon as stock was out everywhere else, delivery date was 19th Oct.

Got an email yesterday to say it’s been delayed and changed to weeks away - so cancelled my £300 order

Great way to piss people off :+1:

Whomever is in charge of stock inventory and distribution in the UK hasn’t exactly excelled so far. No stock for the whole of summer direct from Samsung, zero stock when there are sales (underestimating demand or not wanting to sell?), no stock at Currys/PC world for most of the year. Now launching on Amazon UK with a 1-2 month dispatch eta!!

Seriously guys, no point in having a marketing department or bother advertising when people cannot buy your kit! It’s almost like someone in-house is trying very hard to make this product fail in the UK!

I have a feeling it’s to do with the £GBP falling and them not making enough money on each sensor - it all started around Brexit time…but that’s just my theory.

I’d sooner them actually give us an honest answer. If they actually wanted to sell it wouldn’t take them MONTHS to get a basic stock run in; even if it takes months behind the scenes to get the major stock lines in

Its all made in the far east for peanuts, so doubt exchange rates have had that much an effect on it.

My gut feeling is that it is being pulled from the UK market because of poor sales. And the reason for the poor sales is because some numbnut did an exclusive with PC world.

Look how much kit Fibaro shift in the UK, and look where you can and can’t buy it.

Its not rocket science.

I expected the Amazon order page to be corrected today. I will see if I can get an update as to what is going on.

We are not pulling from the UK. Quite the opposite - we are actively working to get more inventory in the UK. We just hired a new [badass!] local staffperson to help facilitate this. Furthermore, once we have inventory across the pond (I even offered to handcarry it/get some cheaper vacation time), we will be looking to add more channels.

Good news, but hurry up and get it sorted !

1 Like

Good news, that you guys realise this was a major problem in the past and needed some focus on it. It’s been really really bad, to the point it’s fueling rumours of your demise in the UK!

At least see if you can get it into Maplins, It’s the UK equivalent of radioshack and if you want more early adopters, thats where a lot of them go.

I am familiar, there was one next to our office that I kept having to go to for odds and ends (and laptops) when we opened up. They are much nicer than Radio Shack (but that may just be the employee accent)

Update as promised: All of the pre-orders sold out at a higher demand than estimated - which is why if you order now it says 1-2 months. This happened without any marketing, etc. - something of a good problem to have.

We are fulfilling another shipment right now. As soon as it is checked into Amazon’s system, the dispatch date should normalize - we are expecting this to happen next week-ish. In full disclosure - we might need another few weeks of history to build a reliable fulfillment pipeline (ie., we are still trying to determine how much pent up word of mouth demand there is in the UK), so please don’t panic if this happens again!

1 Like

Thanks @Aaron

I may be wrong but my guess is still that a lot of that demand is in the rest of europe, and having on Amazon UK gives them quick access, I know I can use Amazon European sites for hard to find items. You may have just had a EU wide launch without planning it.

And with the Pound tanking at the moment they would be making a killing.

What about the pre-orders? I pre-ordered ST Hub on 17 October, it showed 20 Oct - 22 Oct delivery date, but my order has not yet been shipped out.
Yesterday someone else here mentioned that he got a email from Amazon saying it’s been been delayed.

BTW, I’m not in UK, so Silverpawn could be right about European demand :slight_smile:

I did my order on 4th October - how badly did you underestimate if someone from 3 weeks ago didn’t get into the first shipping run?!?

Kraeg

To be honest, I am not sure how the backend of the Amazon pre-order queue works. I assume (emphasis!) it is first in, first out, but they may have other considerations which we have no control over. In theory, once our inventory arrives and is checked in, your order should be fulfilled.

If you have not received an update from Amazon by mid-next week, shoot a note over to support@smartthings.co.uk and they will escalate it accordingly.

I have ordered an extra Presence Sensor and Multi Sensor through Amazon UK on the 4th of October, and the Presence Sensor has been shipped out earlier today (it just passed good ol’ Weybridge in transit).

Sadly the Multi Sensor is out of stock, and will be shipped ‘later’…

Oh well, at least we have some way of getting these things in The Netherlands without having to deal with Samsung UK or Currys… And indeed, with the current euro/pound exchange rates, having to pay just €36 for a sensor including shipping is not too bad…

So yes, yet another ‘Euro’ Smartthings user buying your stuff :slight_smile:

This pent up demand hopefully shows you how bad a job Currys did selling your product. I was never able to buy more than two or three items from a store. As everyone has been saying it was a bad exclusivity deal.

I assumed amazon won’t allow more preorders then they will get stock, but it looks like I was wrong. If people who ordered weeks before I did don’t get their orders then there is no hope for me.

When I bought my V2 hub, I checked online to make sure my local Currys/ PC World had one in stock. They had several.
When I got there none were on display.
When I asked if they had any the response was if there are none on display then we do not have any.
I pointed out that online says they do have some he grudgingly went off to check.
Hey presto they had 5 of them.
In my opinion Currys are not really interested in low cost items only high end TVs etc.

You really do need to reconsider who you get to sell your product.
Personally I find Maplins very good and in my local branch the staff are knowledgeable and helpful.

Maplins may be a good shout.

Although I do find them expensive for standard items you can buy anywhere, if the price is set as a standard by Samsung, then Maplins may be ineterested in stocking it because many people that buy this stuff are the sort to then start experimenting and designing their own circuits and electronics to link with it

That leads into Maplins being able to sell them all the circuitboards, solder, relays LED’s and all sorts of other DIY electronics stuff that goes along with the territory.