No signature of method (iris smart plug smartapp code)

Trying to follow the process found in the forums. I’m using the iris smart plug smartapp code by blebson. I need to get it working as both the zigbee and z-wave repeaters to help get my smart+ bulbs in my smartthings network.

I’m getting the following error when trying to hit the ‘Create’ button after pasting the code.
No signature of method: script_app_metadata_6710345a_2e3d_4e66_9478_5928ea95b430.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_6710345a_2e3d_4e66_9478_5928ea95b430$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_6710345a_2e3d_4e66_9478_5928ea95b430$_run_closure1@331053f0] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

No idea what to do or try. Maybe I do not need the smartapp anymore? It is over a year old… maybe it is supported directly by ST now?

Using code:

1 Like

You mention SmartApp but the code is a DeviceType. Are you sure you’re pasting it in the correct section of the IDE?

You’re pasting the code in the wrong part of the IDE. That code is for a DTH and you’re trying to paste and save it as a SmartApp.

This is a common thing new folks run into. Try searching the community for that error message and you’ll find a lot of similar posts.

1 Like

You also dont need the device handler anymore the device is supported natively as a SmartPower Outlet

That is what I eneded up doing. I have it as a z-wave and zibgee. So hopefully I can reach the outdoor lights that are 50’ from my hub.