*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] Resilient My Ecobee Devices and ecosystem V6- migrated to custom capabilities & automation (presence, comfort settings, and more)!

Hi @ADHawk, I’m glad that you appreciate the work that has been done to build the package.

No, if you set up the ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule smartapp, you don’t need MonitorAndSetEcobeeTemp anymore as the zoned solution is a far more advanced version.

Don’t run them together as they may interfere to each other.

Regards.

Simple question. How do I get notifications when the Mode and temp changes?

Ex from 12-3 I drop cool temp to 73 and then at 3

Hi,

You’d need to subscribe to the corresponding device’s attributes (in a smartapp or in Core):

Examples:

subscribe(thermostat, "temperature", temperatureHandler)
subscribe(thermostat, "thermostatMode", changeModeHandler)
subscribe(thermostat, "heatingSetpoint", heatingSetpointHandler)
subscribe(thermostat, "coolingSetpoint", coolingSetpointHandler)

If you want to received notifications on your mobile, then you can use the sendPush method.
My smartapps don’t provide these features as people usually don’t want to receive these kinds of notifications.

Regards.

I don’t see that as an option in CORE. What do you mean by subscribe?

Hi, I don’t use Core, but I know that you can subscribe or receive events related to an attribute. Please consult the Core thread for more details.
Regards

Hi Yves,

Thanks for the response. I switched over to ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule, and overall things seem to be running OK. There are a few things that I have observed that are a little bit puzzling.

First, I noticed that AdjustTstatVs.IndoorAvgTemp is set to false. I’m not quite sure why this would be, whether there is a setting I missed somewhere, or whether that is typical.

Second, I have a mix of Ecobee sensors and third-party sensors throughout the house that should be reporting temp and motion into the ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule. Temp seems to be reporting accurately, but I’ve seen several instances where the ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule app sees the room as occupied well after motion has ceased and the 15 minute refresh period has passed. Can you think of a reason this might be? I’ve included a few screenshots for reference.

Lastly, I understand that Keen vents are supported by the ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule. Will it also work with other vents like Ecovent or Flair?

Thanks.

Hi,

1. Yes, it’s typical. By default, the flag is set to false. If you want the smartapp to do the avg, then you need to set it up to true. You can even use a different calculation method (‘median’, ‘min’, ‘max’, etc) to collect the values from your sensors.

2. I’ve not noticed that at home as my sensors are refreshed on a regular basis. I don’t know which sensors you’re using (it looks like an aeon multisensor gen6).

My smartapp checks the last 15 minutes (by default) using the standard ST history method to do so:

def recentStates = sensor.statesSince("motion", t0)
 countActive =recentStates.count {it.value == "active"}

So, the smartapp should work as intended if your sensor DTH generates the right events to SmartThings.

1. Yes, my smartapp will work with any vent DTHs (Device Type Handler) that implement the standard switch and dimmer capabilities (not only Keen vents). I cannot say at this time if Ecovent Or Flair vents support those capabilities.

Regards.

Can confirm, I’ve gotten the DTH working with CoRE. Very pleased with the results!

1 Like

OK, I’m thinking of taking the plunge and replacing my existing ecobee integration with yours. I basically have 4 ecobee3 units each with 1-2 remote sensors. What do I need to do to get started? I’ve read through a bunch of your stuff, but it is a little confusing. I assume I need the init app (which appears to do the authentication with ecobee) and then some additional apps. Which ones do I need and which ones support my devices?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Scott_Chapman,

It’s hard for me to tell you exactly what you need as I don’t know your use cases.

• Do you want to average out multiple ST sensors (not only the ecobee’s remote sensors)?
  • Do you want to set your thermostat to Away or Present based on Motion sensors, ST hello mode changes, specific presence values?
  • Do you have smart vents at home?

Please consult the beginning of this thread and the ST community wiki for the different use cases supported:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Configuration

Regards.

I think for right now I just want to be able to basic stuff like tie system into my Away and Present modes would be a good start. No smart vents, no other ST sensors.

Hi, then you just need MyEcobee with the remote sensors app (if you want to expose your ecobee3`s remote sensors to ST).

Otherwise, the standalone device is enough.

Regards.

Any chance on updating the sensor DTH so we can add custom icons?

Done…

Thank you, very much appreciated.

Little issue, it is showing the temp on the device when I click on it but in my list of devices it shows zero. Any ideas?

I sent you a new version, and everything now works just fine.

All fixed, thank you again.

I spoke too soon. The temp is now correct, but now I cannot change the icon.

Sorry, it seems I cannot do both…