*** No longer supported *** [OBSOLETE] Introducing ScheduleTstatZones: multi zoned heating/cooling solution for your home

For those that are pondering getting this application, I give it 5 stars. Not only is it a good application the customer service is outstanding. I ran into a few issues and he worked with me to resolve them and he responded quickly. I was looking at other apps and actually tried a few after I already installed this and it was not a day and I went right back to this. Great work!

1 Like

Can someone advise me on how to add the radiator thermostats to the rooms with this app.
Iā€™ve created Zones and rooms but canā€™t see where you put the actual thermostat.

Hi, Iā€™ve already responded to your emails. The Danfoss DTH that youā€™re using is not compliant to the ST thermostat & Actuator capabilities.

To add those capabilities would require some minor changes to the code in the header.

I can do it for you provided that you contribute to the 6-month support package at my store.

Regards

Hi, Yes you did thanks, I was just wondering if any one else had any input. As I saw your original comments promoting your app in a danfoss thread I thought it must work.
I donā€™t have a main thermostat that works with smart things either so It looks like your app wonā€™t be suitable. I may be worth stating that on your website.
I think what Iā€™m looking for is much simpler than your offering. Thanks anyway.
It surprising Smart things donā€™t have these apps in place, seems like it requires programming, surprisingly Fibaro has an advantage over smart things with its interface in this case.

Yes, as I wrote to you, any code under SmartThings will fail after a while if the author doesnā€™t keep up with the ST platformā€™s changes and new requirementsā€¦

What was working 6 or even 3months ago may not be working anymore due to the Samsung Connect app and other changesā€¦

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors that new major versions of ScheduleTstatZones (v9.0) & MyVirtualZone (v2.0) * can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

• If youā€™re a contributor and interested in the new major version (v3), let me know and I can directly send the code to you for beta testing the upgrade. All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for MyVirtualZone DTH (Device Handler Type) and the zoning smartapp.
  • Youā€™d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect appā€™s cache in order to see the UI changes. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • The new UI presentation amongst others adds a custom capability (setZoneSetpoint see image below).

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

The zoning smartapps (ecobeeSetZoneWithShedule, ScheduleTstatZones, ScheduleRoomTempControl) are available at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors that new version of MyVirtualZone(v2.2) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.*

• The new version exposes the heatingSetpoint & coolingSetpoint capabilities based on my custom setThermostatSetpoint capability for easier integration with dashboard such as SharpTools & ActionTiles.
  • All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for MyVirtualZone DTH (Device Handler Type) and the corresponding zoning smartapp and save/publish.
  • Youā€™d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect appā€™s cache in order to see the UI changes. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • The new UI presentation amongst others adds a custom capability (setZoneSetpoint see image below).

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

The zoning smartapps (ecobeeSetZoneWithShedulev9.2, ScheduleTstatZonesv9.2, ScheduleRoomTempControlv5.2) are available at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards

Can anyone tell me if these virtual zones are working correctly? They seem to work fine if i click in them, but the tiles are wonky as you can see.

Hi, which version are you using? This is indicated in the codeā€™s header of the DTH.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Its 9.3.2.

Iā€™m talking about the virtual zone device, not the smartapp.

If you havenā€™t installed V2.2.2,then you donā€™t have the latest version.

So, first update your code.

And, you should be aware that the ST UI is not always responsive and itā€™s not due to the code per se.

N.B. Sorry, the latest version is indeed v9.3.2 (after checking my repo).
Regards

Thanks for the clarification. Iā€™ve confirmed the device handler code is 2.2.2

I also do see a reference to my installed smartapp being 9.3.2

Considering your comment being that the correct version is 9.3.1ā€¦do i have the right code? Iā€™ve recently downloaded and installed this for the first time last week on 8/23.

To be clear, iā€™ve never had the tile reflect anything other than ā€œCheckingā€.

Well, this is an ST UI issueā€¦ Iā€™ve had this problem for all kinds of devices. C2C devices are more prone to delays.

You can try to clear your cache, kill the app, and restart. Thatā€™s the best you can do.

Hi,

Just to followup, I ended up swapping my nest out for a Honeywell T6 Zwave device for an unrelated reason. So now the thermostat no longer is being controlled via a cloud-to-cloud connection.

Figured Iā€™d try this again as a result. No change. The tiles still have never once loaded properly. Everything seems accurate when opening up the tile, but the home screen tile never displays anything other than ā€œloadingā€.

Sorry, itā€™s the end of the road for me.

Youā€™re welcome to come to the Hubitat platform where my solutions are alive and kicking. I have had a Hubitat store for more than a year at my siteā€¦

https://www.maisonsecomatiq.com/hubitatstore