I don’t know where else to put this, so I guess this is a good place to start.
For the last three nights my Echos have gone non-responsive when asked to take ST actions. In some cases the problems extend to areas beyond ST actions, but not always. Here are the things I can report:
- This only happens in the evenings, after 7PM or so.
- All of my other Internet connected devices continue to work without problems. (Computers, tablets, phones, Streaming video, VOIP).
- It sometimes affects my Amazon FireTVs but not always. I have always been able to watch streaming video.
- The problem is gone when I get up the next morning.
- While this is occurring my modem upload speed drops to almost nothing. Download does not seem to be affected. (100+ MBPS/.4 MBPS). This is observed on both wired Net connection and WiFi.
- I’ve tried disconnecting the Echos from Wifi and then reconnecting them. This will solve the problem for a single action, then it comes back. This is what leads me to believe that the problem is either caused by the Echo or connected to the Echo in some way.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.