NFC to temporarily bypass security

Hi,

I would like to know if I am able to use a NFC tag that will disable my security for 30 seconds? Or to bypass front door.

I don’t like the fact that I have to open the app every time I enter to exit my house. To disable the alarm it takes 15 seconds waiting in front of the door because the ST app is very slow.

I recently purchase Schlage Camelot door lock but no time to install yet.

Thanks for any advice.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you could do this by with a combination of SharpTools (@joshua_lyon) and Tasker and/or a simple NFC Tag launcher app (on Android).

You could put the NFC tag on your gate, but only your phone is programmed to recognize that tag and perform the action (NB: many Android phones can be programmed to unlock and/or perform actions such as Tasker and SharpTools when they recognize an NFC tag).

2 Likes

Here’s a post about using SharpTools with NFC tags to trigger actions on SmartThings:

Let me know if you have any questions.

3 Likes

Sure you can. All you need is a tag, SharpTools (Android), Trigger (Android), Rule Machine (SmartThings). Happy swiping!

Update: oops, I forgot Tasker. I needed to check my settings. My bad :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why do you want to use NFC? Don’t you have geofencing setup with smartthings? When you are near home, you should be able to turn the mode to home and add other actions based on that event.

I do but I would rather have my door unlock and security disable when I’m in the driver way.

Right now I have a routine which makes things a bit faster.