Newbie - Trigger/Rule Machine install help needed

Hi all,

The developers on here are amazing! Thank you so much for all of the hard work. I’m new to ST and stumbled across the Rule Machine and Trigger Happy apps. The issue I have is the install.

I first copied all of the code for Rule Machine, published to My Apps. No issues. Then when I did the Rules I saved it- didn’t publish to My Apps, but I received a message when I saved it:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Metadata Error: Parent SmartApp ‘bravenel:Rule Machine’ not found

I was able to install the Rule Machine on my iPhone with no issue. However, I have no clue how to use it, but I don’t think it’s working anyways because of the error message above.

Then I found the Triggers piece. So I installed Triggers Happy, published to My Apps. No issue.
Then went to create the Triggers one and received this message:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Metadata Error: Parent SmartApp ‘bravenel:Trigger Happy’ not found

I was able to install the Triggers Happy on my iPhone app no problem.

They look identical in the issues, so I am assuming my install I did something wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Eric

Tagging @bravenel

First of all, Trigger Happy has been superseded. Now, all you need is Rule Machine and its child app, Rule. See the install instructions on this post: Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

I would suggest that you remove what you’ve done so far, and start over, following those instructions carefully.

Hi Bruce, it’s working now. Thank you so much for all of this, it’s one of the areas I really was hoping to be able to accomplish with ST! You rock!

1 Like