[OBSOLETE] New Zigbee Device (Securifi Key Fob)

@JDRoberts Sorry for the dumb question then, so for the Quirky Tripper that are Zigbee Contact Sensors, I don’t need to exclude them before I rebuild the my network, just reset them and include them in the new network?

Is that right?

Thanks again.

Yes, that’s correct. Follow The manufacturer’s reset instructions, and you will remove the old controller information and the device will be ready to pair to the new controller.

To reset or pair Tripper to a different Wink account or different hub, open from the indent on the side of the main sensor. Press and hold the black tamper button while taking out the battery. Put the battery back in and let go of the tamper button.

1 Like

Yes. @JDRoberts is correct. I did this with the 2 I have connected with no issue

Step 1. Reset
To reset the key fob, press and hold the star button. While keeping the star button pressed, press the unlock/disarm button for 10 seconds. Then release the unlock/disarm button, but keep holding the star button pressed and the key fob will reset. The LED will show green momentarily if this succeeded.

Step 2 Re-pair
To pair the key fob, press and hold the star button, then quickly press the lock/arm all button for less than 1 second, then release the star button and the key fob should go into pairing mode. The LED will show green momentarily if this succeeded.

As long as you get the green led on step one, it should easily re-pair in step 2

2 Likes

Sounds good. Do I need the SmartThings app open on my iPhone during this process or do I just need to do the unpair and re-pair just by itself?

For the unpair, it doesn’t matter. For the pairing, open your app, go into add new devices and while ST is searching for devices put the key fob into pairing mode

Thanks for the great work, works as expected…

Good news! Mine is working as well. I did the steps today, and it all paired up perfectly. Working great. Thank you so much Kevin and JD for all your assistance! I so thoroughly appreciate it.

2 Likes

The device type publication request was finally updated today. It’s in functional review. Hopefully it’ll get approved and we’ll have official support soon

5 Likes

Great news @kevintierney! I love this thing.

1 Like

I agree. This is easily one of the best devices I’ve added to date for the family.

2 Likes

I received some feedback from ST, including some recommended changes. I’ve made those changes and updated my code on github. We are one step closer to this getting official support.

One big change will be the numbering

Old #
3 (app btn 3)-Lock       2 (app btn 2)-Home
0 (app btn1)-Unlock     1-* (Unused)

New ST #s
1-Lock     2-Home
3-Unlock   4-* (Unused)
2 Likes

Can you provide a link to your GitHub again? The one uptop is not working.

Here is the new link. Had to move things around when ST added github integration

3 Likes

Hi can someone summarize the steps of what needs to be done to add this?

1. Add device type (which one?)
  2. Pair device (how)
  3. Cut and paste .groovy file where?

Thanks in advance!!

1. Copy the @kevintierney device from here: https://github.com/tierneykev/SmartThings/blob/master/devicetypes/tierneykev/securifi-key-fob.src/securifi-key-fob.groovy
  2. Go into the Smartthings web IDE, create a new device type, paste the code, save and publish.
  3. Open the Smartthigns app and select “Connect a New Device”.
  4. Follow the directions that came with the fob to pair.
  5. The Smartthings app will find the newly published device.
1 Like

Thank you for letting me know!!! Btw can i then configure the fob or is it already pre-configured per the code to run home/away arm disarm SHM?

You have to install the button controller app. It can be found in the ST App Under More

The problem I’ve got with using the Button Controller app for this purpose is getting feedback that the arm or disarm action has been accepted.

I’ve been thinking of doing a custom SmartApp that maps the arm/disarm buttons to “Hello Home” actions, and then flashes a light for feedback.

Has anybody seen an app that does something like this?

You can do this pretty easily with Rule Machine’s new Trigger function.

Thanks, I’ll check it out. In the meantime, I did put together an app that works well with the Securifi Key Fob.