[OBSOLETE] New Zigbee Device (Securifi Key Fob)

The device type publication request was finally updated today. It’s in functional review. Hopefully it’ll get approved and we’ll have official support soon

5 Likes

Great news @kevintierney! I love this thing.

1 Like

I agree. This is easily one of the best devices I’ve added to date for the family.

2 Likes

I received some feedback from ST, including some recommended changes. I’ve made those changes and updated my code on github. We are one step closer to this getting official support.

One big change will be the numbering

Old #
3 (app btn 3)-Lock       2 (app btn 2)-Home
0 (app btn1)-Unlock     1-* (Unused)

New ST #s
1-Lock     2-Home
3-Unlock   4-* (Unused)
2 Likes

Can you provide a link to your GitHub again? The one uptop is not working.

Here is the new link. Had to move things around when ST added github integration

3 Likes

Hi can someone summarize the steps of what needs to be done to add this?

1. Add device type (which one?)
  2. Pair device (how)
  3. Cut and paste .groovy file where?

Thanks in advance!!

1. Copy the @kevintierney device from here: https://github.com/tierneykev/SmartThings/blob/master/devicetypes/tierneykev/securifi-key-fob.src/securifi-key-fob.groovy
  2. Go into the Smartthings web IDE, create a new device type, paste the code, save and publish.
  3. Open the Smartthigns app and select “Connect a New Device”.
  4. Follow the directions that came with the fob to pair.
  5. The Smartthings app will find the newly published device.
1 Like

Thank you for letting me know!!! Btw can i then configure the fob or is it already pre-configured per the code to run home/away arm disarm SHM?

You have to install the button controller app. It can be found in the ST App Under More

The problem I’ve got with using the Button Controller app for this purpose is getting feedback that the arm or disarm action has been accepted.

I’ve been thinking of doing a custom SmartApp that maps the arm/disarm buttons to “Hello Home” actions, and then flashes a light for feedback.

Has anybody seen an app that does something like this?

You can do this pretty easily with Rule Machine’s new Trigger function.

Thanks, I’ll check it out. In the meantime, I did put together an app that works well with the Securifi Key Fob.

I’d just like to say thanks, I was able to get a couple of key fob remotes working with my system nice and easily with the information in this thread.

I also managed build a prototype Alarm status device using the ST Arduino shield. It pings when the alarm is set/unset and indicates alarm status using the onboard tri-color LED. Again this was super easy to set up.

Is this to be used along with the button control or in lieu of the button controller app? Are the lights indicated on the FOB?

Thanks!!

Typically you’d use that “Arm My System Key Fob” app instead of “Button Controller”.

I don’t understand what you mean by “Are the lights indicated on the FOB?”

Thanks, I guess you said you wrote this for some kind of feedback whether the system had been armed or not. Sounds like that issue still exists for you?
Another question I had was if this app arms the system, can you also disarm the system with it? (stupid question probably but I am getting the fob later today so haven’t tried it out yet).

Thanks for making things better and writing code!

Chip,
I just used your program. It works great! Good job, thanks for writing code!

Excellent Work JDRoberts. I just bought a very nice looking Swannone key fob.

All 3 buttons work, except the upper panic button! Is there a work around to get the 4th button implemented?

In smart things log, i can see the key press being logged in the activity feed! It says “button null pushed” as i press the 4th upper key.

But the button controller smartapp will not activate the command assigned to the button!

I would highly recommend the swannone keyfob. It is very well made product with a strong but lightweight metal chassis.

http://www.swannone.com/gb/swannone-key-fob

What device type are you using? Are you using the one I created for the securifi fob?