SmartThings Community

New Zigbee Device (Securifi Key Fob)

dth_remotes

In the same boat except I can get mine to unlock but never to lock.
Anyone out there managed to get this fob to work with a Schlage Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt ???

Ok I found a workaround which I think is actually better than how I was setup originally. I had 2 phases already defined to lock/unlock my doors. Instead of using the “Locks” option for the FOB (Button Control Smart App) I used the “Hello Home Action”. For button 1 I used “Unlocking Doors” phase. For button 3 I used the “Locking Up” phase. Works like a charm :smile:

Awesome work, and thank you for taking the time. It appears as though the message isn’t sent until the key is released, and it’s always just a “push”.

Have you noticed the same? Also, I noticed that the message comes back as SmartShield when parsing. Is that something you did, or how SmartThings handles non-standard Device Types?

(Kevin Tierney) #64

Yes, I noticed that as well. I had hoped it might have the option for long press, but it doesn’t register any differently.

[quote=“KidHasMoxy, post:63, topic:15453”]
Have you noticed the same? Also, I noticed that the message comes back as SmartShield when parsing. Is that something you did, or how SmartThings handles non-standard Device Types?
[/quote] I never noticed that, but it’s been awhile since I wrote the code, so I’m not sure why its happening

(Nathan Parker) #65

@kevintierney I’m looking at getting one of these key fobs for my dad so he can change home modes using it (he doesn’t own a smartphone).

What do I need to do to connect your code to my SmartThings, then after I order one of these and pair it to SmartThings, what do I need to do to assign different Hello Home actions to the buttons?

I’m extremely new to custom coding on SmartThings (and I’m not a “great” developer either), so I need all the guidance I can get. :slight_smile: I do have a genius programmer I can call on if I get stuck.

Thanks!

See post 68 below dated August 31. This is a custom device handler. (Formerly called smart device type.) The Custom Code FAQ explains how to install it for use in your account.

Once the device handler is installed, you can then add the smart app from the following topic:

The smart app has a little setup wizard that will let you assign activities to each of the keyfob’s three working buttons.

There are also other smart apps you could use, hopefully people can explain which they selected and why. :sunglasses:

(Nathan Parker) #67

I’m getting this error message:

Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script1440981964962128015105.groovy: 20: expecting ‘}’, found ‘’ @ line 20, column 1. 1 error

(Kevin Tierney) #68

Here’s a link to the latest version of my device handler. The old link is no longer valid. What shows in the forum is only part of the code

(Nathan Parker) #69

I got your device handler code installed. Thanks for that! Do I need to go ahead and install the smart app mentioned above, or do I need to order and pair the key fob to SmartThings first before adding any apps?

Thanks!

(Kevin Tierney) #70

You’ll need to pair it first before installing any smart apps

(Nathan Parker) #71

Sounds good. I’ll order them, pair them, and attempt to install the smart apps, and if I run into issues, I’ll holler back.

Thanks!

(Nathan Parker) #72

When I get the key fob, what will be the steps to go about pairing it up? I opened the SmartThings iOS app but don’t see any “custom device type” in there. If you can just give me a rundown of the pairing process, that’d be fantastic.

(Kevin Tierney) #73

If you’ve published the device type to yourself in the IDE, you should be able to add it like any other device and it should detect correctly.

The instructions included tell you which button to press and how long to put it into pairing.

(Nathan Parker) #74

OK great. I’ll give it a spin and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

(Nathan Parker) #75

I got the Key Fobs in and attempted to pair them today, but I am definitely having issues.

I double checked “Device Types” in the IDE, and your code is showing published and seems to be successful on that end.

When I attempt to pair the key fobs, I press and hold the Reserved button, then press the Arm All button for one second. I then release the Arm All button but keep the Reserved button held down. The only LED lights on the remote are solid red, nothing “green” happens like the instructions say.

I also fire up the SmartThings app on my iPhone and tap to add a new device, but the new device never shows in SmartThings.

What else specifically do I need to do to get these paired up? And once I do, how do I install the app that will allow me to assign home modes to the different buttons?

By the way, my direct contact information is at mallardcomputer.com in the event you need to reach me off of the SmartThings Community for anything.

Thanks!

(Nathan Parker) #76

Update: Found the ZigBee ID’s on the back of the key fobs. Added two new devices to them inside the IDE under My Devices. They do appear in SmartThings now. Trying the custom app code now to see if it works. Will let you know if it all works or if I run into any issues.

(Nathan Parker) #77

Update 2: I added the custom app code to SmartThings, and I assigned the different home actions to the different buttons on the remote. However, when I push the buttons on the remote, the modes are definitely not changing. So I still need assistance to get this going.

(Kevin Tierney) #78

Without getting the green light to pair, it won’t work.

Try resetting the key fob first

To reset the key fob, press and hold the star button. While keeping the star button pressed, press the unlock/disarm button for 10 seconds. Then release the unlock/disarm button, but keep holding the star button pressed and the key fob will reset. The LED will show green momentarily if this succeeded.

Then re-try pairing:
To pair the key fob, press and hold the star button, then quickly press the lock/arm all button for less than 1 second, then release the star button and the key fob should go into pairing mode. The LED will show green momentarily if this succeeded.

(Morgan) #79

Anyone know what I need to do to these to exclude them from my network?

Thanks,

Morgan

Zigbee devices don’t have to be excluded, when you reset it, it wipes the previous controller info as part of that step. This is in contrast to zwave devices which require a separate exclude step to remove the controller info.

If you’re asking how to reset it, can’t promise this will work, but this is from the Securifi wiki:

To reset the key fob, press and hold the star button. While keeping the star button pressed, press the unlock/disarm button for 10 seconds. Then release the unlock/disarm button, but keep holding the star button pressed and the key fob will reset. The LED will show green momentarily if this succeeded.