I’ve just received my SmartThings starter kit today and i’ve got to say I’m completely lost at the moment.
I’ve got the hub and iPhone app setup ok and i’ve linked the presence sensor to the hub so I thought it would be a good time to have a play around to see how things work. To start with I wanted to try something simple, when I leave the house (with the presence sensor) send an email. When I arrive at the house send another email. I can’t even figure out how to do this simple thing. Can anyone help?
Some more general questions.
- Modes. How do I rename,delete and add modes I can’t find anywhere to do this?
- Where do I go to see the battery level of the presence sensor?
- I’m sat here playing with the app and notice that sometimes the presence sensor is listed as away but then later changed back to Present, what’s going on here?
- In the My Home section I can see a “Things” section and a “Family” section but they both show the same information. I was expecting just to see a list of people in the family section but instead i’m seeing a copy of my things which in my case is my phone and presence sensor.
- How does Smartthings work with the Amazon Echo, do I need to download a skill to the echo, what can I do with the echo and smartthings?
Eventually I want to get some hue bulbs so I can have lots of clever things happening with them but at the moment i’m limited to the stuff that came with the starter kit and an Amazon Echo.
Appreciate any help. Thanks