New type Smartsense motion bizzarness


(Mike Maxwell) #1

Got a 5 pack of these the other day.
If I attempt to discover via connect new device, they aren’t ever discovered.
When I discover via the correct motion sensor type, it gets discovered, it says device found, but of the incorrect type, continuing motion sensor search.
It never finds one…
In the app and IDE the device shows up as a thing, then sometime later, all on it’s own the device type changes itself to a motion sensor…
Aside from being confused by the correct install procedure for these, when I move the working sensor to its final resting place, motion detection fails, the device can be polled and returns the temp and battery.
Bringing the sensor back in the vicinity of the hub doesn’t change its behavior.
Deleting the device and rediscovering the “thing” gets motion working…
Also in the IDE, motion shows and stays “active”…

There is another one of these in a different location that is working correctly, though the discovery went as described above.

Trying to figure out if my issue is signal related, device related or SmartThings related…


#2

I haven’t had all of these symptoms but I did have one of these show constant motion when I first connected it. I pulled the battery for a few seconds and after I put it back in, it has worked flawlessly since.


(Mike Maxwell) #3

I’ve rebooted everything except the substation that feeds the neighborhood…