New Sony Bravia TV integration for 2015 - 2016 alpha

Oh man… If you haven’t used CoRE yet (Community’s own Rule Machine) you need to make time to get acquainted with it because it is one of the most useful and powerful smart apps, (possibly the best) ever created for ST. It allows you to create almost any type of automated sequence you can imagine (If, If not, or, then, etc…) with a ton of status’ and variables from your devices, and hub, plus much much more.

Just pop over HERE to get started.

As for the power up situation, I’m not going to worry about that right now because it is irrelevant to my setup until I can fix the authentication issue I have. It would also have to have a way to determine if the TV was already powered up to be bulletproof. So for now, as long as I know my TV has been on for ~10 seconds, I can tell my Echo to turn on “Amazon Video” and Viola! I’m off to the races.

Now it would be cool if Alexa/Echo could identify/activate the commands you’ve made available in the device handler, but I think that is an issue on the Echo side rather than the device handler in that for now the Echo only permits the On/Off activation of switches, the setting of dimmers, and a few other very specific functions like thermostat settings. Hopefully that will change in the future, but for now those can be pulled out via virtual switches and custom pistons in CoRE for Echo activation

1 Like