New sonoff zigbee

@mvevitsis ,

I already tried it and it doesn’t work.
In the classic app creating a “configure” tile it worked when pressing the tile. In the new one, the configure tile does not appear. I left it on the DTH Smartsense.
The good thing about being able to choose settings is that with a single dth you can have several sensors with different configurations, but smartthings has not answered the suggested proposal.

@mvevitsis,
the minimum time is only valid to separate the reports. I have this in 30, which is the standard.
the devices only report changes in temperature or humidity, if there is no change there is no report.
for example if I have configured (30, 600,100) my device will inform me of any change between 0.1° and 0.9° every 600 sec and changes of> = 1 ° always. It will never send a report less than 30sec interval

1 Like

Here are some more examples…
[[TEMPERATURE_CLUSTER_ID(),DataType.INT16, 5, 14400, 20]]
[[HUMIDITY_CLUSTER_ID(),DataType.UINT16, 5, 14401, 900]]
[[PRESSURE_CLUSTER_ID(),DataType.UINT16, 10, 0xFFFF, 30]]
[[TEMPERATURE_CLUSTER_ID(),DataType.INT16, 5, 300, 30]]
[[HUMIDITY_CLUSTER_ID(),DataType.UINT16, 5, 301, 200]]
[[PRESSURE_CLUSTER_ID(),DataType.UINT16, 100, 302, 3]]

Yes, that is possible. Just define a variable, like you did, and including it in the code - except you don’t need the $ and {} around the variable.

While the Configure tile is not there in the new app, you can still get config to run by going to Settings for that device in the app. Every time you change a setting, it calls “updated()” in the code, assuming you have that in your code. Within updated(), kick off a config, like this:

def updated() {
	log.debug "Device updated so validating configuration..."
	configure()
}
2 Likes

@johnconstantelo,

I already did that and it didn’t work, I do not why. I put the call to configure in all the places, refresh, parse… and configure don’t executed after changing values in settings.
The only easy way I found was to change the version of the dth and update. So it always runs.
I’ll try again, let’s see
Thank you

1 Like

the latest version on my GitHub has:

set temperature max report time between 1 minute and 1 hour (default 5 mins)
set temperature reportable change between 0.1 and 10.0 degrees (default 0.1 degrees)
set humidity max report time between 1 minute and 1 hour (default 5 mins)
set humidity reportable change between 0.1 and 10.0% (default 1%)

Give it a try.

@johnconstantelo ,
I already tried it and it still doesn’t work.
In Update (), Configure () is called and the code is executed, but the device does not respond to configure.
I put two captures of the log
Call Configure (), from update() after changing values in configuration. There is no response from the device and the changes are not updated, they have not been saved to the device.

Call Configure () changing the DTH version in IDE. The device responds and is configured with the new values.
Why is this happening?. I do not know.

For Z-wave devices it is easier to make changes in the report configuration.

@johnconstantelo could this be related to the issue we were seeing with the vibration sensor settings?

@nayelz can you confirm that the behavior @Mariano_Colmenarejo is reporting is as intended?

Thanks,
It’s still being chatty on the Humidity

Temp seems ok though.

have you tried what @Mariano_Colmenarejo is suggesting (change dth from published to self published and back again)? it is possible that it is not running the configuration commands when you change the settings in the app.

Yes, I have set it to published>self-published>published, however the Humidity just seems to override the settings (this has been an issue overall I think).

Check the Device history events in app.
Could be the log calculate humidity but don’t send the event

It’s in the app too, the same as the live log.

I don’t know why the device would ignore the settings…
Does it work if you adjust the minimum report time in the DTH (say to 5 min)?

I had some problems with devices are far of the hub, some times fails the transmit and recive process and need repeat process.
Is importan wait some seconds to complete configure process.
An easy method to check the process is ok:
In IDE when change dth versión, the checkInterval change from 720s to 16270s. If process is correct the checkInterval return to 720s in some seconds.
As explain in this link

I moved the device to a totally different DTH and back again, I think it’s now behaving.

Please check if it obeys the settings you made

It seems to be stuck at 1% change to Humidity and 1c change to temp. I think i’ll bring it closer to the Hub and reset the device. It’s going through 2 repeaters, both Samsung plugs though.

Looks good now, only reporting if >3% Humidity change or >0.2c, or after 15 minutes for temp and 1hour for humidity.

1 Like