New Sonoff zigbee devices

It’s still not working for me. I have devices showing as online in the IDE but offline in the app.

Works like a charm! thanks!

UPDATE: SONOFF SNZB-02 ZigBee Temperature And Humidity Sensor
Back in Dec I finally got my sensors to connect. All was working fine, until about middle March, when they would start to drop off. I’d reconnect, they’d last, then drop off after a few days/hours/minutes… each time was different. One was in a freezer and other in wine cellar, and both used to work perfect, (changed batteries no difference).

I now have two sitting side by side, clear view - 6 feet from a hub. One stays connected, the other drops off.

And some of my temp sensors, (from different vendors), have lost the ability to record history. They show current temp/hum but that’s all.

Question, would changing my WiFi channels on my router have any impact on dropped/offline devices?

If you have put them near the hub but have not re-paired them at that location, then they will not have changed their link path. Some may even have gotten worse, depending on your linking path.
You could see the metrics in IDE in order to check how many sent messages failure

Hi Andremain…do you have any zbmini configured in ST? It works well? I configured it without problems but the next day it switched to offline and it doesn’t work

HI! Yes i have about 20 installed now. They all work great. The only issue i had was that one that was super far away managed to be added to smartthings but after a day i was disconnected. In your case, there was also some downtime in the smartthings platform. Try to power off your hub for 5 minutes and turn it back on. After 10 minutes of powering on, check again.

1 Like

Hi again Andremain…thanks for your support; do you have them configured as ZigBee Switch Power or ZigBee Switch?

Not sure what you mean but you should be using the ewelink integration and the switch dth you want is the last one. Zigbee Switch.

Hi All, I don’t seem to be able to get the SNZB-01 Wireless Switch to work properly.

I have successfully paired with this device handler smartthings/Sonoff-Zigbee-Button.groovy at patch-1 · pablopoo/smartthings · GitHub

The button reports all button presses correctly, single press, double press and hold. All these events are reported properly under the events for the device online.

In the app I can see all the button presses, so the device goes from standby to “pressed” and back to standby appropriately.

However, no automation will run off the back of any type of button press.

I have removed and rejoined several times and followed the recommended procedure.

Very keen to get a few of these going so any help would be appreciated.

It sounds like it is installed OK. How are you doing the Automations? Via the full Automations editor or using the ‘quick controls’ on the device pages in the app?

Either way should be fine, though the iOS app was making a bit of a mess of quick controls at one stage. The Android app has issues with those too because if there was a ‘network error’ while saving it didn’t realise it had succeeded and you could end up with multiple copies.

What is going wrong?

Thanks @ OrangeBucket.

I have tried creating the automations both ways. I am on Android, and I am not having issues creating any other automations, in fact created a couple for the SNZB-02 (Temp Sensor) at the same time I was testing for the SNZB-01 and those worked fine.

I have no idea why this is not happening. device appears to be responding ok.

Happy to hear any ideas.

Loof for it at the very end of the device handlers list, user ones stay at the end.

Hi All,

I managed to get the buttons working correctly using this device handler. Once I set this, I configured automations and all now working.

Posting for anyone else with an issue.

1 Like

I’d just like to say that my device handler above is pretty similar to others that get mentioned. What you do have to be careful about when using handlers based on the stock Zigbee Button handler is to make sure you remove the metadata for local execution. If you don’t the buttons won’t work when the handler is executed locally (it will still be using the stock code).

For those of you using the SONOFF SNZB-02, what does the model show in the Groovy IDE? Mine shows as 66666. One with a model of TH01 was just to the official SmartThings DTH repo, so it should be live in 3 weeks.

Yes, that is what I have, a eWeLink TH01.

Cool. it’s merged to the Master branch, so hopefully in 3 weeks we won’t have to fiddle with custom DTH anymore

TH01. Also runs locally!

Do you guys have this issue with the reporting as well?

Does anyone else’s SNZB-02 device say “local” in the IDE using the smartsense DTH but then not get the local icon on automations in the app? I have multiple that do this with automations like: if temp greater than 75 turn on local plug. Plug is definitely local.

Didn’t realize there were two very similar sonoff threads and I posted this question in the other one.

Yeah mine too