New SmartThings Schema Integration for Arlo

Isn’t breaking glass going to trigger the vibration sensor or does STHM ignore vibration?

Roger that, at least a 6 hour device health check is better than nothing from Arlo. Thank You.

Will I receive any in app or other notification when migration to this new Arlo Schema has happened? Or do I just look at the Linked Services to see if the the current ‘Arlo (Connect)’ has changed to just ‘Arlo’ for the new Schema?

I’m sure the STHM doesn’t currently use the vibration sensor in the multipurpose sensors because I’d have to exclude one of my multipurpose sensors if it did since the ‘Sound of Freedom’ military jets that fly nearby tend to set off the vibration in one of my multipurpose sensors all the time, and it hasn’t set off the STHM intrusion alert when it’s armed and they are flying. I tried using the SmartThings Door Knocker SmartApp with that multipurpose sensor, but had to delete it because it kept triggering notifications when they are flying.

When will the arlo doorbell appear in the new app?

It already does, just no button press capability I think

But when i tap on the integration i see this

@shravan I would really like to see the ability to change the Arlo mode in the smart things app.

That’s what I’m saying, it will display as a camera only

So no button capability for the doorbell

If you want that you have to get a ring (and in fact that is what I use it for, I make custom doorbell sounds with the zooz siren and leave the mechanical chime disabled (from ring app settings))

Then why even bother adding it??? It is a button. What is so difficult in giving us that option???

It may be like the nest where the app actually has no idea of the button state.

I understand but i can’t really see the benefit if i can’t make an automation for when the doorbell button is pressed. I guess i am stuck with ring then…

maybe @shravan or @arlo_eng can comment if there are plans to add button capability for the doorbell?

Hi all, yes we are working to add doorbell events (button press) and will hope to have it rolled out in the near future (hopefully by December). Right now the integration with doorbell does include the ability to live stream and receive motion events. We are working jointly to define the experience for button press and wrap up our development work for it. Thanks for the interest in this feature and letting us know!

3 Likes

Will this also be available on the audio doorbell?

Hi @cscheiene, right now the plan is to only support video doorbell since that has a richer set of functionality. But if there is a strong need for audio doorbell support, we can explore the effort.

1 Like

Anyone else who wants this integration, please let the Arlo team know

3 Likes

Audio doorbell yes please

1 Like

Hi Adam,

Yes, we do want the audio doorbell to work. I’ve been waiting for it since it got out and worked with ST.

I’m tired of Arlo neglecting their old products in the portfolio while they still sell them. The audio doorbell is a prime example where the motion triggers and button couldn’t even be used in Arlo’s own automations (it has its own set of rules). And dont get me started on the lack of custom chimes on a 150 U$D set ot tech. (And the horrendous delay between button -> chime, and press -> video call to phone in a 1.5Gbps symmetric connection)

If Arlo says ‘works with smartthings’ I at least expect minor functionality on the audio doorbell (button), and the motion is a ‘nice to have’.