New SmartThings Schema Integration for Arlo

is there any update from the tv team as to getting arlo live feeds back in the smartthings tv app?
Thanks

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a feeling the the TV app is on its way out as several have said that the ST app completely disappeared from their TV in the past year, others stating it doesnā€™t work at all and in my case it wasnā€™t included on my 2020 TU8000 though it is in documentation that it is supposed to be there. That being said, I wouldnā€™t expect the live streams of your Arlos to come backā€¦of course I could be wrong

Their documentation is awful. The only documentation iā€™ve found that seems to mention model limitations is the viewing cameras one. So iā€™ve basically used this as a check for has ST app on TV or not

1 Like

oddly enough, even though the app is missing from my TV it still gives ST notifications so I know the implementation is there but Samsung decided not to expose the app itself for probably some ridiculous reason. I know for fact it was on the 2019 and earlier TU8000s. lolā€¦the shit Samsung doesā€¦

@Brad_ST

For some reason this morning my Arlo linked services disappeared from the app and my arlo devices are offline. I may have made a further mess by relinking the service and now have duplicate arlo devices. Can you take a look? I just opened a new ticket (Support request #1128498) with support via an email.

Regards,
Dipan

@David2275 @troy_owens @Automated_House We are working with our TV and fridge teams (family hub on the fridge) to get the Arlo user experience fixed to start with livestreaming. Scoping and prioritization of the issue cause and fix are in progress at the moment. We are going to continue to push for the fixes to be made ready as soon as possible. We donā€™t have a solid date at the moment. We are in the process of deriving a sharable date as soon as the scoping is completed.

2 Likes

Is there any novement at all to get ST on the 2020 models that it is missing the app entirely? specifically TU8000

2 Likes

Almost same question as @troy_owens, my 2019 RU7100 (NZ submodel) was supposedly supported (they did say somewhere it had to be NU7100 or newer), yet no smartthings app there (customer ref no. 2295395405).

@shravan Are the 2020 tu8000 models supposed to have the SmartThings app? If so, I canā€™t did it on mine.

No, only Q series and up in the USA.

You are correct, I was told this after the fact even though its listed online and on the e_manual which is totally ridiculous considering the 2019 model did have it. Had i known this beforehand, I would have gone with the comparable LG with superior picture. Smartthings app on the tv in order to monitor the babies room on cam was the only reason i went with this one. Iā€™m really starting to hate Samsung and their BS. I do believe Iā€™ve purchased my last Samsung product

1 Like

Guys - can we move the TV talk to another thread pls? I mean itā€™s interesting - butā€¦ WAY off topic now and thereā€™s a lot of stuff to address with the Arlo integration. If you create a new thread @jody.albritton or another admin can move the relevant posts so you donā€™t lose context.

Well this was somewhat relevant because of the lack of Arlo streaming on the TV app

What kind of tile do Arlo cameras show as in the app? Is it the double-wide tile with camera preview that the SmartThings Cam uses, or is it the single tile with motion state that ring doorbell uses?

In this thread, we can certainly continue to discuss and share the Arlo streaming not functioning as expected in the TV and the family hub (models that support the app) - we are looking into this streaming issue as indicated above with the respective teams and we are confident that the experience will be improved in that area soon.

@Automated_House
I believe they are single tile. Iā€™m interested to see what the nest has.

Anyone care to chime in and post their dashboard display?

Is button support for arlo doorbell coming??

So on my TV neither Arlo cams nor the new Nest cams work. It just gets stuck loading. Is this the current issue you all are working on fixing or am I missing something that Iā€™m supposed to be doing? I included a pic for reference

Great to hear about the Arlo Video Doorbell chime event. I am hoping that Iā€™d be able to play a chime on a supported speaker/chime if the button is pressed. Any ETA?

1 Like

Hello. Has anyone found a solution for the ST - Arlo enable/disable problem yet?
I too have several Arlo cameras that have been integrated into ST for several years, but since November or so, are not reliably turning ON from the new ST app, such that they appear to be ON, but detect no motion and therefore donā€™t record video, until I turn them OFF and back ON again using the Arlo app. Has this been solved, and if so, can someone clue me in? Thanks.