New Smartthings app and Android 10

FYI… SmartThings app ver 1.7.37 for Android has been released. Did it resolve the Android 10 issue?

Made no difference, although wasn’t expecting it to as no mention in release notes.

Progress for me with 1.7.37-25. After restarting the app, my groups and devices are back on my home screen and the device statuses update. New issue is that if I click on any of my devices, the app crashes. But having the devices + status visible vs. a blank home screen is a small step of progress.

I managed to get it working by clearing both App data and Cache.
Still a bit flakey though and crases sometimes.

Pixel 2 xl latest ver allows me to log in, won’t download applet hw-q90r so i can’t control it. Crashes with lifx sometimes

Got version 1.7.38-21 yesterday and everything appears to be working again. Home screen widgets showed up as of v1.7.37-25 and now clicking on them no longer crashes the app.

A couple of other variables that changed for me:

• I updated the Sonos integration via graph.api.smartthings.com
  • I switched Pixel 2XLs and upon logging in after the 1.7.38-21 update, the app asked for a new (cryptically named) Android permission related to Bluetooth & Wifi. (I had logged into v1.7.37-25 on this new phone and did not receive that permission request.) I cannot seem to find this new perm in the Android 10 permission manager, however.

This is still broken for me. Ver 1.70.40-21 with Oneplus 6t ,pixel 3, nexus 7 all running android 10. I’m done with samsung. The customer service was unhelpful and told me less than this post. I had the issue escalated to tier 2 and never received a call back after 2 weeks. I was told by customer service to delete all my device handlers since they are not supported. I deleted my samsung account and hub to start from fresh. Smartthings released no statement in the app that it’s not supported on the current android version 10, that easily could have been pushed in one of the updates. Considering android 10 is the current version of android it makes you wonder why they are not supporting it. Maybe they don’t care about security or maybe they need a new dev team? Smartthings status site says that everything is working fine but this is not the case.

I’m having no issues with either the Classic App or the New App soon my Pixel 2 running Android 10

Maybe this is not an Android 10 issues. I’m at a loss on what to do, Smarthings customer service is not helping me. I can’t access settings for smartapps or connections in the new app.

No issues here on Pixel 3 and Android 10. It’s got to be something with your setup.

I have no setup. It’s a factory reset hub and a fresh samsung account. I add a smartapp and it won’t let me access the settings. I can only edit settings for SHM.

Phone setup. Some incompatible app?

Just tried it on the pixel and it works now. My oneplus 6t is not working. I’m not sure what could be blocking it and not the classic app?

The wonders of Android. First Google makes it, then the phone maker adds layers of cruft, then the carrier add layers of cruft. :cry:

Any ideas, I wish there was logs to help. I know smartthings customer service has logs and there were errors seen on my account but they just keep saying they are waiting for tier 2 to respond back.

Not really. I used to run an Android app called OS Monitor or something. One thing it could do was show the syslog. Not sure you’ll be able to find anything in the volume it generates.

What is the status on this? It’s now January 2020, and this issue still exists?

It appears so, at least I am having a problem with my Pixel 3 downloading the smart lock guest access…

Same here, Pixel 2 XL, cannot use smart lock guest access. Says “couldn’t download smart lock guest access. please try again.” SUPER LAME this has been an issue since Sept of last year with no resolution. Will try calling them for an update I guess. In the meantime unable to add lock codes on the rental house, FRUSTRATING to say the least… Shame on you Samsung

Permissions… and Special Access in app settings… While teaching Childrens Intro to Mobile Technology at Crossroads Community Church, We had a day where the children were instructed to question thier parents and or elders on common mobile tech issues and work with them on solutions… 43.2 % of app failures were result of permissions being denied… the most common being “Display over Other Apps” not allowed… In short try checking application settings for problematic apps and allow storage access most importantly then Under , Special App Access allow Display over other apps…I know this current issue may be long since resolved so this response is for those currently searching for resolution to similar problems…
I hope this helps…
Ansun Lee Perry