New smart app to link the virtual/simulated garage door device with two actual devices

Ok. So I have the Z-wave Relay. I set up the LGK Virtual Smartapp. I set it up with Alexa but I can only say “Open” similarly to how I could only say “Turn on” to open my gate. So no way to say both open/close? (If not, I guess at least I finally got it to work. Just can’t say “Close” similarly how I couldn’t say “turn off.”)

Also, it seems that I have to name the virtual garage device (in My Things) to “Garage” or at least including Garage in the word. That lets me say “Open Garage” but when I try to name it “Gate” or something besides “Garage” Alexa doesn’t understand the skill. So in order for me to get this working with Alexa I have to name the device “Garage.” I have a sliding gate so I would very much prefer to say “Gate” then “Garage.” Even when I try to name “Gate” with “Garage” I can’t get it to work. I must say “Garage.” Anyone know what I have to do?

I’d appreciate the help.

Thanks!

You done any work on this to make it more featured? If not, i would like to modify your code to work with a door/window sensor instead of a tilt sensor.

it works with both. I have used both

Any way to have the command “Open Gate” or “Open Sliding Gate” to work with Alexa? Atm, Alexa only understands “open” if I name the device “Garage” so only “Open Garage” works but nothing else. It just won’t understand the “open” command for any other names for the virtual device thats linked with Alexa.

Already done.
I use this. Simpler app and you install this DTH on your zwave sensor.

hi all,
I have a problem to get this working

Here are my devices:

I have configured the lgkapps smartapp: LGK Virtual Garage Door
When I want to open the garage door, nothing happens !!!
Surely a problem with my child device
Here is a screen of my switch for the opening of the door

However, the opening / closing works well with this device on the smartthings app

Can someone help me!

I have this working with one exception, I have to manually turn off the “relay” because there is no “momentary” action.

How do you guys get the button to “toggle” the relay on and then off?

I just installed this app and I can’t seem to get it to work. I am using a relay controlled by a smart plug to trigger the garage door.

So in your app, I put the smart plug in the Physical Garage Opener. I created a simulated garage door opener, changed the timeouts to 1 from 6, then put that device in the Virtual Garage Door.

Then I go to the device trigger it to open or close the door but the smart plug never comes on.

What might I be doing wrong?

send pictures of all the pages in the app config. you have somethinng set wrong… can you open and close the door by turning the switch on and off… when you turn the switch on have you configured a smart lighting or other app to turn it immediatly off… my app does not do that… it requires the switch relay to work on its on first.

Thanks for this, it’s awesome!

There was one thing that I didn’t like though. When you hit the open button, the device will show “OPENING,” then switch to “OPEN” after the timeout, then finally send the command to open the door.

I modified both the SmartThings Simulated Garage Door Opener and your code a little bit to clean things up. Now when you push the open button it will immediately open the door and show “OPENING” until the timeout is reached. Then it’ll switch to “OPEN.” Same with CLOSING and CLOSED. I like this much better, as the opening, closing, open and closed states all work. I’d be happy to share my (small) modifications with you if you’d like.

Thanks!

I think that was the same change I mentioned ie getting rid of the 6 second wait in the simulated garage door device. I didnt s write that.

I changed a lot more than that. I ended up modifying both your code and the smartthings code. It now uses the Opening and Closing states appropriately.

Can you stick a license on your code on github? Something like MIT or something.

How Can I disable notifications? The app is forcing me to select a contact for notification

Having issues with the app taking over the door function and closing it right after a manual door open via wireless remote. In other words, I get a door sync error, and the app tries to close the door as I’m entering the garage.

This just started after the firmware update. Ideas?

1 Like

I’ve also noticed an issue around the time the hub firmware was updated. Now if I close the door manually (not using the app), the door reopens, I then close the door with the app and it stays closed. Opening and closing with the app seems to work fine.

When opening via my wireless remote (arriving), the door opens a few feet, then stops. If I toggle the wireles remote again, the door will open, then a few seconds later the app tries to close it. Unfortunately this happens as I’m pulling in to the garage…so not good. I’ve disabled the app for the time being…

Like you Jim, the issue seems to surround manual control of the door and app sync. If I do attempt to open or close the door with the app, it seems to go a bit crazy trying to reset the door.

This is what happened after manually requesting the door open. The commands at 3:25:36 to 41 are the LFM 20 commands to open/close the door.

My button press to open the door is being interpreted by the app as a request to close it.

3:26:07 PM: debug motionOrContactHandler(Garage Roll Up Door Sensor contact:closed)
3:26:07 PM: debug Contact is in closed state
3:26:06 PM: debug Parse returned Garage Door Opener switch is off
3:26:06 PM: debug Parse returned Garage Door Opener switch is off
3:26:03 PM: debug Parse returned Garage Door Opener switch is on
3:26:02 PM: debug Virtual Garage Door Closed syncing with Actual Garage Door!
3:26:02 PM: debug sending push message
3:26:02 PM: debug closing real gd to correspond with button press
3:26:02 PM: debug Contact is in closed state
3:26:02 PM: debug motionOrContactHandler(Garage Door Opener Virtual Device contact:closed)
3:26:00 PM: info SHM isActiveSensor(contact:open, app: off, location: off) = false, locationId: REMOVED, ISA: REMOVED
3:26:00 PM: debug motionOrContactHandler(Garage Door Opener Virtual Device contact:open)
3:26:00 PM: debug Contact is in open state
3:25:58 PM: debug Resetting Virtual Garage Door to Open as real door didn’t close (beam probably crossed)!
3:25:58 PM: debug sending push message
3:25:58 PM: debug opening virtual door as it didnt close… beam probably crossed
3:25:41 PM: debug Parse returned Garage Door Opener switch is off
3:25:39 PM: debug Parse returned Garage Door Opener switch is on
3:25:36 PM: debug Parse returned Garage Door Opener switch is off
3:25:36 PM: info SHM isActiveSensor(contact:open, app: off, location: off) = false, locationId: REMOVED, ISA: REMOVED
3:25:36 PM: debug motionOrContactHandler(Garage Door Opener Virtual Device contact:open)
3:25:36 PM: debug Contact is in open state

3:25:34 PM: debug Garage Door Opened Manually syncing with Virtual Garage Door!
3:25:34 PM: debug sending push message
3:25:34 PM: debug Contact is in open state
3:25:34 PM: info SHM isActiveSensor(contact:open, app: off, location: off) = false, locationId: (REMOVED), ISA: (REMOVED
3:25:34 PM: debug motionOrContactHandler(Garage Roll Up Door Sensor contact:open)

Check your timeout settings my guess is your sensor delay changed. Still works fibe for me.

That was the first thing I tried…increasing timeout from 25 to 30 seconds. it’s almost as if it’s 30 ms, not 30 seconds. Either way, I just fired up a CORE routine to close door based on presence and motion for now as I couldn’t get the app working without the strange behaviour. It might be something to to do with the new firmware and LFM20 set up as a momentary switch.

Can you please share your modifications? Send via private message if needed, but I like what you’ve described.

denwood, I’m seeing the same exact problem. My timeout is set to 15 seconds, and it takes far less than 15 seconds for my garage door to open completely.