New smart app to link the virtual/simulated garage door device with two actual devices

Why can I no longer start a new thread here?!

Hey just installed and it works great on the old app. Are there any updates on it working properly for the new app?

Need some help in getting this smart app to behave properly with the new SmartThings app.
I recently migrated to new app after multiple annoying messages from Samsung and the app as such is working fine with my existing automation to close the Garage Door every night and all.

The issue I have is that it doesn’t show up correctly in the new app. And if I just hit the tile in the new ST app, it doesn’t open the garage door. It would close that however if it was open. I have to go into the tile and select the third option listed as Garage door to open the door from the app.

Is there an updated version of this app which makes it better operationally when used with the new ST app?

I’ve just added this in the new app and have set up the smart app. I’m using a Qubino relay and contact sensor. Thee contact sensor reports status perfectly to the virtual garage door, but the relay does not work. I’ve change the relay in the smart app to use different relays, and none of them work. Any pointers?

thanks

Have there been any updates to the app that work with the new ST app? I’m having exactly the same problem as ViperTK above. The virtual garage door app doesn’t appear properly in the ST app and activating the garage door only returns the sensor status but doesn’t actually open the door.

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread.

I used this app for several years, even on the new ST app. Now it has died along with groovy.

Has anyone found a suitable replacement?

I have a workaround in place using routines but it doesn’t do the “beam crossing” checks which I really liked.

I don’t know about beam checks, but there is a virtual device created with an edge Driver in the new architecture, which will let you have a relay and a tilt sensor look like a garage door. So that’s what a lot of people are using. Take a look and see if it meets your needs. :thinking:

1 Like