(EDGE Driver-Mc): Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc (virtual Switch Mirror, Virtual Calendar and virtual Switch Board...)

Hi @Terri_Baker
I have tried with equal to and it works fine.

Yesterday a user also complained that a blinds routine was not activated at a certain time and today it works for him. The apps are a bit weird, they change things constantly.

You can do it with the stock time too

2 Likes

Hi @ Mariano,

Thanks for checking!
The only issue with stock time is when I travel routines trigger based on where my phone is not my hub location which is why I switched to your driver.

1 Like

Hi @Terri_Baker

Hopefully they fix the equal to condition consistent signature

You can try the interval 0 to 1 or
If >= works fine you can do two condition:

If hour >=0 and hour-2 <=1, with hour and hour-2

1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo I’d like to use Tasker HTTP Request on Android to set the text field of this virtual driver. Do you know what the API command format would be to set some external text into the text field of this virtual driver?

Componet
Capability
Command
Arguments

Sorry I can’t help you with this, I don’t know how to do it.
Other users may know

Ok, tagging @orangebucket and @Jake_Mohl then to see if they know how to hopefully do this, that is if it is even possible.

@milandjurovic71 What timer are you using for your irrigation system that is compatible with this driver/SmartThings?

B-hyve 4 port timer

I am using Alexa as SmartThings doesn’t support tjis devices yet

This reminds me to ask @Mariano_Colmenarejo since there were recent parent/child changes in SmartThings, can Virtual SwitchBoard be updated to have child switches named within automations?

Maybe Child devices can be created from this driver?

Hi @milandjurovic71

I think it would be best to allow change the labels.
Creating child devices would be crazy in the driver

2 Likes

@Mariano_Colmenarejo Could you please add hidden contact sensor to each SwitchBoard switch? I need this for use with Amazon Alexa. It doesn’t need to show up on details page, but it is needed in Routines.
Right now I am using virtual switches to show this in Alexa, and too many Routines to keep everything in sync

Hi @milandjurovic71

I don’t know if I’m wrong, I don’t even use voice assistants, the secondary components are not seen in alexa either, right?

Then, is it useful to put contact capabilities in the secondary components of switchBoards?

Only contact or motion sensorsbare visible. That is why all virtual switches have that capability added, to be able to show in Alexa.
This are virtual devices showing up in Alexa

And this is just one if devices in SmartThings app. It’s one of Todd’s virtual switches

Yes, but these are singles devices (main) components.
The secondary components are also seen in alexa? I understood that they did not see each other

You are right. I completely forgot about non main components.

That should change soon. I’ll have to wait until ST changes that.
Thanks again. You are the best

1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo is they a way to use your Virtual Appliance driver to display the voltage being reported by a smart plug? And if the answer is yes how would I do it?

Hi @Paul_Oliver

Sorry, I don’t quite understand what you want to do with the virtual device

Low voltage is an occasional problem where I live, due to the 60 - 70 year old electrical distribution system where I live. It is only getting worse as people add AC to their homes and switch to electric cars.

I have 2 smart plugs that report voltage (Zooz Switch edge driver), but I have to open to the device detail page to see the voltages. I have one plug on each leg of my electrical system.

I would like 2 virtual devices on my home page that would report voltage on the device tile. And I was wondering if your Virtual Appliance could display the voltage via the TextField or NumberField options.

@Paul_Oliver

I don’t see how to do it with these virtual devices.

What devices are they, zigbee and zwave?

They are Z-Wave.