(EDGE Driver-Mc): Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc (virtual Switch Mirror, Virtual Calendar and virtual Switch Board...)

I find that if I set a virtual appliances switch to random, that it just randomly turns on and off forever…not just once. Is that nitended?

Hoping someone would tell me why this routine isn’t working. It cycles once and then stops. I have the away lighting switches mirrored to a set of lights and a separate routine that stops it at a specific time or when I come home.

Hi @JPLW

Yes, It works in a random cycle between Mim and Max time selected in preferences until random function is set to inactive by automations, scene or manually.
Every cycle new random timer is set and show the hour for the next change

Hi @Terri_Baker

I have a similar one and it works fine.
I have created another one with a virtual mirror and it works fine too.
While the cycle is active, it displays the timeline of the next scheduled change.

It may be that in the routine to deactivate the random function you have something that deactivates it before time.

1 Like

Thanks for making this. In the Virtual Appliances Switch Selected Profile, what is the diference between “mirror” and “mirror and switch”? Is there documentation somewhere?

Hi @JPLW

The difference is that only mirror profile you can only do routines with mirror_In and mirror_Out capabilities.
It was a request to avoid using the capability switch and looping the mirror routine.

The mirror and switch profile allows you to make routines with the switch, mirror_In and mirror_out capabilities

Hi, @Mariano_Colmenarejo
Setting a time of matches is not triggering routines.
I tried changing it to equal or above but that just keeps triggering. Next I thought I’d try to set a range or use Local hour 1 and Local hour 2, set at midnight (0) and 1201am (0001) but I cannot enter any time with minutes in the midnight hour range. 0 changes to whatever number you select next.

Hi @Terri_Baker

I don’t know if I understand you correctly, all the zeros to the left are deleted when converted into number format to be able to make the comparison.
00:05 = 5
00:15 = 15
01:10 = 110

If you show how the automation is that doesn’t work, I’ll try it and see if it works for me. There are comparisons that are failing in the latest versions of the app, with intervals above all. I already reported it

I was interpreting the single digits wrong then.

Here is what does not work

Any automations with a set time do not work for me.

This works but triggers multiple times

So if I want it to occur at midnight should I set range of 0-1 like this?

Hi @Terri_Baker
I have tried with equal to and it works fine.

Yesterday a user also complained that a blinds routine was not activated at a certain time and today it works for him. The apps are a bit weird, they change things constantly.

You can do it with the stock time too

2 Likes

Hi @ Mariano,

Thanks for checking!
The only issue with stock time is when I travel routines trigger based on where my phone is not my hub location which is why I switched to your driver.

1 Like

Hi @Terri_Baker

Hopefully they fix the equal to condition consistent signature

You can try the interval 0 to 1 or
If >= works fine you can do two condition:

If hour >=0 and hour-2 <=1, with hour and hour-2

1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo I’d like to use Tasker HTTP Request on Android to set the text field of this virtual driver. Do you know what the API command format would be to set some external text into the text field of this virtual driver?

Componet
Capability
Command
Arguments

Sorry I can’t help you with this, I don’t know how to do it.
Other users may know

Ok, tagging @orangebucket and @Jake_Mohl then to see if they know how to hopefully do this, that is if it is even possible.

@milandjurovic71 What timer are you using for your irrigation system that is compatible with this driver/SmartThings?

B-hyve 4 port timer

I am using Alexa as SmartThings doesn’t support tjis devices yet

This reminds me to ask @Mariano_Colmenarejo since there were recent parent/child changes in SmartThings, can Virtual SwitchBoard be updated to have child switches named within automations?

Maybe Child devices can be created from this driver?

Hi @milandjurovic71

I think it would be best to allow change the labels.
Creating child devices would be crazy in the driver

2 Likes

@Mariano_Colmenarejo Could you please add hidden contact sensor to each SwitchBoard switch? I need this for use with Amazon Alexa. It doesn’t need to show up on details page, but it is needed in Routines.
Right now I am using virtual switches to show this in Alexa, and too many Routines to keep everything in sync