Is anyone here able to tell me how to use any of these drivers to bind a multi hang switch to existing virtual switches please? Cheers
(New Release) Edge Driver Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc (virtual Switch Mirror, Virtual Calendar and virtual Switch Board...)
Are you wanting a virtual device that mirrors the switch or are you wanting to use the switchboard switch?
Works for you the new switch On information in the tile?
Yes, it works. Easy to take quick glance and see the status.
Open settings menu, three point upper right corner and enter you local time offset with GMT time. In you case = 1
Channel link? To install driver
I updated Zooz Zen 30 (double switch) to edge, & lost the ability to see the child device as a separate “thing” button on the ST app, & Alexa now only can control the fan light dimmer, not the on/off relay that controls the fan. Ugh
I was referred to try this driver to create an independent tile to show on ST app for the child device.
Normally is in the first post of the thread
Thx!! You saved me… losing Child device access from showing as an independent thing & losing voice assistant access to child device on the new edge platform sucks!!
Thx to this mirror driver… I regained the missing native features!!
I think routines must be like this in order to works when push on or off the Switch2 too
Yes you were right, thanks! The wall switch when physically changed didn’t trigger the ST app to sync state… I didn’t realize yesterday because I was so excited to have it work with Alexa! Lol but since you replied I made it exactly the same as your sample with the “any condition” instead of “all conditions”… syncs perfect now!
This is an awesome driver - I’m using the switchboard and the text fields. Thank you @Mariano_Colmenarejo
For the text fields / number fields, is it possible to make these improvements/suggestions?
- Ability to rename field label (so it isn’t just Text Field 1 etc) to be more specific to the variable use.
- Choose how many fields you want the virtual device to have (more than 5)
- Add a true/false field
- Combine text, numbers, and true/false into 1 virtual device
I envisage a single virtual device that can store all relevant variables, replacing the need for lots of virtual switches to drive automations and sharptools rules.
Of course, I have no idea if this is even technically possible!
Thanks again for this driver.
That the user rename the labels cannot be done.
The profiles with the number of capacities must be created, they cannot be created dynamically with the number and type of capacities that each user wishes.
I could create new profiles for devices:
- boolean type
- Mix of the 3 types, text, number and boolean
New version of Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc that incorporates the Virtual Calendar Mc driver
- To reduce the number of drivers, I have included the Virtual Calendar Mc driver in the Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc driver.
- Virtual Calendar devices already created will be able to make a Driver Change in App to this driver and Routines or Scenes already made NOT will be lost.
- It is important before making the change of driver, check that in preferences there is the preference Profile Number: 8.
- Once the driver change has been made, the Local Time Offset must be re-entered with the UTC time, this data is lost when the driver is changed.
- Also now you can create new Virtual Calendar devices, although one should be enough for almost all requirements.
- The Virtual Calendar driver can be deleted from your Hub
The new version of Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc is this and it should already be installed in all the Hubs, since I published it yesterday
Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc 2022-09-17T10:39:44.283541782
@Mariano_Colmenarejo calendar is not saving time offset. It keeps blanking out.
Nevermind, I was making change in settings, not on details page
It works from Details’ page
This a issue with IOs app.
Write the negative value in other Windows, web, Text, … Copy and paste in the Local hour offset app
@Mariano_Colmenarejo it worked! And I figured what my problem was with sunrise and sunset! Now it’s working perfect!! Thank you!!
I must be missing something…how do I use this driver? I find nothing related to virtual anything in the new Smartthings app.
- You have to enter the link of my channel
- Enroll your hub in the channel and access the drivers that the channel has
- Click on Install the driver Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc.
- In the App add a new device and choose the method search nearby
- This will create the MAIN Vitua device, which will allow you to create new virtual devices of whatever type you need.
- Do not delete this Main device, here it will keep track of how many virtual devices you have created
Thank you. It would be great to additionally support randomness in a different way: allow a turn on/turn off event to be “adjusted” + or - a random number of minutes with a specified range (e.g -5 to +15 minutes). This would make an automation look unpredicable during a vacation for example.