(EDGE Driver-Mc): Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc (virtual Switch Mirror, Virtual Calendar and virtual Switch Board...)

Hola @Fernando_Garcia
This is the last version.

If you only have created the virtual calendar you can:
delete the calendar device and the main device creator and then delete the old driver from your hub.

Then you go to my channel and install the latest version of the driver

Mariano,

With daylight savings time starting in just under 3 weeks in North America is there a way to automate the “Local Hour Offset” each spring and fall?

In North America daylight savings time starts at 2 AM on the 2nd Sunday in March (March 12th this year) and ends at 2 AM on the 1st Sunday in November (November 5th this year). The problem is that the calendar date changes every year.

I could use IFTTT linked to Google calendar, but I don’t find IFTTT calendar Applets to be very reliable.

3 Likes

Got it, thanks. I knew I had to missing some trick.

I have 2 rules, 1 for spring, and another for fall… I didn’t bother with the hour, I’m asleep then.

{
   "name":"Daylight Savings Time - Spring Forward",
   "timeZoneId":"America/New_York",
   "actions":[
      {
         "if":{
            "and":[
               {
                  "between":{
                     "value":{
                        "date":{
                           "reference":"Today"
                        }
                     },
                     "start":{
                           "month": 3,
                           "day": 8
                        }
                     },
                     "end":{
                           "month": 3,
                           "day": 15
                        }
                     }
                  }
               },
               {
                  "equals":{
                     "left":{
                           "daysOfWeek":[
                              "Sun"
                           ]
                        }
                     },
                     "right":{
                           "reference":"Today"
                        }
                     }
                  }
               }
            ],
            "then":[
               {
                  "command":{
                     "devices":[
                        "f7e669af-3c7f-4603-995c-020a61f6b709"
                     ],
                     "commands":[
                        {
                           "component":"main",
                           "capability":"legendabsolute60149.localHourOffset",
                           "command":"setLocalHourOffset",
                           "arguments":[
                              {
                                 "integer":-4
                              }
                           ]
                        }
                     ]
                  }
               }
            ],
            "else":[

]
         }
      }
   ]
}```
2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: [Custom capabilities] Issue triggering Automations (enums with spaces in the conditions section)

Did something happen to switchboards? I have a switchboard-3 and a switchboard-4, which are/were working fine. I’m trying to consolidate some switches into two switchboard-4s now,

in the 'then' section I can only manipulate switch-1,

but in the 'if' section I can see all the switches.

I went to edit an existing switchboard, and now I’ve lost control of the other switches…

Also, can the tile show the name of the switch instead of S1/S2/S3… if only in the max 1 switch mode would be nice. It’ll save me having a text-field-5 wasted to get the max 1 switch label to appear on a tile somewhere…

Hi @TheDreamer

It must be something from the last IOs update, on android everything is fine

Then:

If:

yup, it’s a bug in the new iOS version. On another device that hasn’t gotten the update yet, it works. (unless it’s also a difference between iOS and ipadOS with the SmartThings App, since it occurred to me the last time I worked on getting my switchboards working…it was on my iPad while watching my laundry tumble…)

The connection between the iPad version and the iPhone version is broken now, too. I saw a while back that when I moved a tile on the iPad, it updated the positon on my iPhone. But, now my iPad has everything all jumbled up…while the iPhone still has everything where I want them (and that was since it had logged me out, where I found everything scrambled when I logged back in…)

Are you sure? Maybe this was for Favorites because otherwise there has never been any sync of Device (or Room) orders between iOS devices. It used to on the old ST legacy app.

At least they fixed the issue when creating a routine, the device is only initially placed in the ‘then’ section instead of the prior behavior of In both sections. Was annoying when I was creating a bunch of routines where the device was and only the ‘if’ condition… had to think about creating routines differently… though still a pain when there’s more routines using the device as an ‘if’, than the other devices as 'then’s. Along with the cases where a device is both an ‘if’ and a ‘then’.

Have a lot of rules of ‘if’ foo and the light is on, then dim the light to XX%. Though it’s annoying that light has been slowly dimming through the evening, it suddenly flashes at full daylight brightness because I said “Alexa, Good Night.” For my WiFi bulbs, the turn-off routine is to dim them to 1% and then turn them off. That way if there’s a power outage overnight, they’ll only come back on at 1%. But, now that it’s mandatory to turn it on, in order to dim… And, this was after I had gone through everything making sure I was only dimming and not also turning on lights. Just as I had gone through to make sure that I was only pressing buttons momentarily, and not also turning them on (randomly, the action triggered by the button would fire twice…)

Could be a work in progress, 'cause I thought I read somewhere that they were going to do this…they did sync the order of my rooms recently since I had one room that was either first or last depending on my mood, and slight differences in what was considered my rooms in clockwise order (from the front door.)

The room that is either the first or last one is the room I have the devices that create devices in (and more recently my hub).

I know I had complained last year, that every so often it would scramble the order of my rooms. Hated when I’d be swiping left to get to some room, only to find that I should’ve been swiping right because it had moved on me.

1 Like

We can only hope. But I’ve been bitten by that before by ST, just a few times :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

After all this time if they can’t maintain orders after a sign out of the app then I think hoping for a sync of orders across devices might just be a little too hopeful.

Hi @TheDreamer

Modified the code of the SwitchBoard devices so that it shows the custom name of the switch that is On in the tile, for the type only Max one switch On

it would look like this

new driver version will be updated automatically in the next 12 hours maximum

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc
 Version      2023-02-26T10:38:06.719921321
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
1 Like

Thanks Milan
I used WebCore to make a setup with master/slave lights so that in Actiontiles I had a tile with one bulb that I could turn on/of and dim and other bulbs followed this through a piston in WebCore that copied the parameters from the master bulb. I miss this opportunity after WebCore and that ActionTiles doesn’t support groups of lights.
Maybe I could recreate it with a virtual device and routines - but how do you make the routine that changes in relative numbers (+/-5%)? As I see it, I can only make routines with absolute numbers :frowning:

Others that have solved the master/slave issue in other ways?

Is there a possibility to increase the number of switch more the 5 in the switch board without using more switchboard?

Hi @ivhazu

They can be added, but for each switch added the code grows.
How many you need?

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo,
I’ll need 8!
Thanks you very much!

Can I ask what you do with a virtual switchboard?

As @milandjurovic71 explains me I create some routines to change the colors of a led strip.