(EDGE Driver-Mc): Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc (virtual Switch Mirror, Virtual Calendar and virtual Switch Board...)

(New Release)Edge Driver Aplicaciones Virtuales Mc (virtual Switch Mirror, virtual Switch Board, Text and Number Fields):

While we wait for the stock mirror routine to arrive.
This driver creates virtual devices to be able to automate state synchronization between a real device and this virtual mirror device, writing 2 routines instead of 4 routines without entering an infinite loop.

• Install the driver on your Hub from the channel
  • In the App add a new device and Search nearby.
  • The β€œMAIN Virtual Mirror” device will appear on devices without an assigned room. It will indicate β€œTotal Devices: 0”.
  • This device allows you to create virtual devices and have control of those that have been created so far. When one is uninstalled, making a refresh of this device, the total number that remain installed is updated.

• Virtual Mirror devices have the stock switch capability and two custom capabilities:
    • Mirror Out State: It is used to send the On or Off state to which the virtual device has changed and it is used in the Automation/IF condition of the routines.
    • Mirror In State: It is used to send the On or Off state that we want to establish in the virtual device and it is used in the Automation/Action (Then) of the routines.

• These are the 2 routines to create:

• IMPORTANT: So that it does not enter an infinite loop, Only check the Mirror In State: On or Off in Automation/Action. Leave the switch On, Off, Change unchecked

I have tested it with zigbee and Zwave devices. With the Zwave I have seen that it goes a little slower, but it is because my Zwave network is slower than the Zigbee and I don’t know why

If you find something that is not going well or can be improved, please tell me.

Jun 25. New Version:

• As an idea and request from @milandjurovic71, virtual devices with multiple switches (SwitchBoard) have been added in a single β€œmain” component to be able to control irrigation devices with multiple channels and other uses.
  • @milandjurovic71 will be able to explain the uses that he has given them, since it is his idea and he knows better than me.
  • Can be created with 2, 3, 4 and 5 switches. The default icon is irrigation and can changed by some of app list for plug device.

• They can work in two selectable modes in preferences:
    • All off or only one switch on. default type
    • Switches for independent use

• There is a custom capability to enter the name of the device it controls. This name is only seen in the details view. If one day the names can be changed dynamically, it will be modified.
  • I have changed the name of the driver to Virtual Switches Mc and also avoid errors with the name Virtual Devices of Taustin
  • The update will be done automatically. I have tried the update several times and it works fine, although it is possible that you need to clear the cache of the app and refresh the Main device, when you open it for the first time

@milandjurovic71 to avoid losing the devices you already have created:

• You can install this version in the Hub or update it if you already have it installed
  • Make a driver change to this driver on the SwitchBoard devices you have in use.
  • Do not make the change of the Main device, when it has Total Devices: 0, you eliminate Main device and that’s it. Then you can uninstall the old driver.
  • All your devices in use and automations will be transferred to this new driver. Only you could Lost the custom names

new driver version:

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ Name        β”‚ Virtual Switches Mc                  β”‚
β”‚ Version     β”‚ 2022-06-25T14:05:59.609935198        β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜

Channel Link
https://api.smartthings.com/invitation-web/accept?id=6b68563b-1905-4654-8d2b-e677a2997424

11 Likes

I tried it and it works great provided you remember to β€œOnly check the Mirror In State: On or Off in Automation/Action. Leave the switch On, Off, Change unchecked” as you clearly stated.

Is there a way to automatically do this to prevent mistakes.

Again, great work.

Once again a community member steps-up and provides what ST/Samsung should be doing.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Hi @Paul_Oliver,

I have modified the driver so that the profile created by default is the one that only allows these automations options:

• If Part: Only with Mirror Out State

• Then Part: Only with Mirror In State

Added a preference that allows switching to the full profile, which can also be used for automations with all capabilities and can serve as a normal virtual switch.

When the driver is updated to this version, new devices created will be created with the mirror-only profile by default.

Devices already created will have to clear the cache or go to preferences and make a profile change and clear the app cache.
They also lose the personalized name, I don’t know why. the changed icon does not lose it.

Driver version:

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ Name        β”‚ Virtual Mirror Mc                    β”‚
β”‚ Version     β”‚ 2022-06-13T11:36:31.760021953        β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
3 Likes

@Mariano_Colmenarejo

Thank you for developing this and many other drivers.

With the update you made it is easier to use and we am less likely to make a mistake writing routines with these devices.

Thanks again.

3 Likes

So I have been playing with your revised driver and see 2 problems:

1. In settings I can not choose the β€œMirror & Switch” option.

2. When you choose the β€œMirror” only option there is no switch on the device tile. There is a switch inside when you open the tile.

Ok, Sorry
I forgot write actions in custom presentation. fixed in this version

β”‚ Name        β”‚ Virtual Mirror Mc                    β”‚
β”‚ Version     β”‚ 2022-06-13T17:16:26.666261092        β”‚

This works fine for me

1 Like

My mistake on switching settings.

I was pushing on the circle, but I discovered I need to push on the word. So you are correct it works fine.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hello,
Testing and testing I have seen a case where mirroring automations can enter an infinite loop.
After thinking about it a lot, I have seen that it is not a problem with the virtual device. It is a problem of the execution delay and the zigbe or zwave network.

• It only happens when the physical device goes very quickly from Off to On and back to Off or vice versa.

• Why happens?:

• When a very fast Off-On-Off sequence is made, 2 events are generated that trigger the two automations in a very fast sequence.

• The first On command generated in the device triggers the automation and generates another On command for the device. When it reaches the device, the light is already Off and therefore turns On again.

• The first Off command generated in the device triggers the shutdown automation and generates another Off command for the device. When it reaches the device, the light is already on and therefore goes off again.

• This generates an infinite loop because the two automations are triggered with a very short interval and before the generated command reaches the device through the network, it has already changed to the opposite state.

• The solution is to add to the automation to put everything ON, in the IF part, that the real switch is On for 1 sec and in the other that it is Off for 1 sec.

• This slows it down a bit in normal operation but prevents automations from triggering with very fast changes in the physical switch.

• They also start running in the cloud, hopefully only for now.

Note: Making this change only in one of the two automations also works, since the sequence of the received commands is broken, but one automation would work locally and another in the cloud, I don’t know if it’s worth it

1 Like

New version of driver Virtual Morror Mc:

• As an idea and request from @milandjurovic71, virtual devices with multiple switches (SwitchBoard) have been added in a single β€œmain” component to be able to control irrigation devices with multiple channels and other uses.
  • @milandjurovic71 will be able to explain the uses that he has given them, since it is his idea and he knows better than me.
  • Can be created with 2, 3, 4 and 5 switches. The default icon is irrigation and can changed by some of app list for plug device.

• They can work in two selectable modes in preferences:
    • All off or only one switch on. default type
    • Switches for independent use

• There is a custom capability to enter the name of the device it controls. This name is only seen in the details view. If one day the names can be changed dynamically, it will be modified.
  • I have changed the name of the driver to Virtual Switches Mc and also avoid errors with the name Virtual Devices of Taustin
  • The update will be done automatically. I have tried the update several times and it works fine, although it is possible that you need to clear the cache of the app and refresh the Main device, when you open it for the first time

@milandjurovic71 to avoid losing the devices you already have created:

• You can install this version in the Hub or update it if you already have it installed
  • Make a driver change to this driver on the SwitchBoard devices you have in use.
  • Do not make the change of the Main device, when it has Total Devices: 0, you eliminate Main device and that’s it. Then you can uninstall the old driver.
  • All your devices in use and automations will be transferred to this new driver. Only you could Lost the custom names

new dribΒ‘ver version:

β”‚ Version     β”‚ 2022-06-25T14:05:59.609935198        β”‚
1 Like

Thank you @Mariano_Colmenarejo for creating this virtual device.
I am using this driver where only one switch needs to be on, and all others are off. This driver eliminates loop issue when routine are used to activate/deactivate other switches, and run forever in circles.
It replicates Home Mode, or SmartThings Home Monitor functionality, where only one state is active.

I am planning to use this for my 4 zone drip irrigation timer, where only one zone can run at the same time.

Another use, I have used switchboard with 3 switches, to control 3 different lights with single Ikea dimmer remote. This Switchboard is displayed on Fire tablet, with Ikea Dimmer next to it. However I have plans to upscale the dimmer.
I have created automations, where when one of this switches are active, and Ikea Dimmer is pushed up or down, it changes light level +/- 5%, and when dimmer is held up or down, it changes light temperature by +/- 100K. Each switch on SwitchBoard is named for individual set of lights in the same room.
This way I can change level and temperature on 3 different set of lights with single dimmer and this Switchboard.

My intention is to swap Ikea dimmer for different device: Smart Knob, as driver for it became available, created by @erickv.

I love these kind of automations. So clever. I never could have came up with something like this.

1 Like

@Sakari Basically using this virtual switches as preconditions to control 3 different light sets in one room with single dimmer. This is just one automation, as all other are similar.

This device is the one that I am looking forward to add to this

I googled SmartKnob after I read your post. It seems very interesting and it’s quite cheap.

As @milandjurovic71 suggestion, after some more testing, it appears that virtual SwitchBoard devices have more usability if the stock Switch capability is used as a multi-component device.

This way it is visible in Action Tiles and smartLighting.

To introducing these changes and if some user has already made some automation in his system, I will not do the automatic update, since the automations created with switchBoards old version would stop working when it is updated automatically without prior notice.

In this way, the best thing is for each user to migrate their devices to the new version of the driver when it suits them best.

The current version will automatically be called Virtual Switches Mc-(OLD).

The procedure to migrate the devices to the new version:

• Install in your Hub the new version Virtual Switches Mc

• Add new device and search nearby. The new MAIN Virtual Switch device will be created

• You can see the Total Devices created in the MAIN Virtual Switch that you already had installed. You can refresh the device so that it is updated.

• On each device you want to migrate, make a driver change in the app and choose the new Virtual Switches Mc driver.

• You will not lose the automations created for Virtual Mirror devices.

• For automations of Virtual SwitchBoards you need edit and modified them. Only the custom names of the switchBoards will be reinitialized, since the system does not recover them when changing drivers.

• Once you have migrated all your devices to the new driver and the total counter is 0 then you can delete the MAIN device and the driver -(OLD)

• I tested the migration process with all device types and works fine

@milandjurovic71 you need change yours created devices to this new version

New driver version:

β”‚ Driver Id   β”‚ 6342be70-6da0-4535-afc1-ff6378d6c650 β”‚
β”‚ Package Key β”‚ virtual-switches-v2                  β”‚
β”‚ Version     β”‚ 2022-06-26T19:43:39.995553553        β”‚
1 Like

New Version of Virtual Switches Mc:

I have modified the Virtual Switches Mc driver so that the Virtual Switch Mirror created have the Timer function, with the Random and Program options, just like the switch and switch power drivers.

With this function in virtual devices you can perform the function of switching on or off randomly or programmed in switches or zwave or zigbee bulbs that have a driver without that function.

In preferences are the settings for the maximum and minimum random time and the On time and Off time of the programmed Timer function.

To see the information on the time at which the next change from on to off or from off to on will take place, you must adjust the offset of the local time with respect to UTC in preferences.

New version will be updated automaticlly or with CLI could yo update maunally.

In order for the new functions to appear on the devices already created, you will have to close the app and clear the app’s cache if it is android

β”‚ Version     β”‚ 2022-08-16T14:35:46.188309814        β”‚
3 Likes

I accidently deleted the Main Mirror Creator tile from the app, driver is still installed. I have tried for 2 days to readd the main Creator device by scan nearby but it isn’t being discovered. Any advice?

Edited to add I have rebooted the V3 hub several times, cleared app cache and even force stopped ST app

Hi @Terri_Baker

I have published the Virtual Switches Mc-(SOS) driver on my shared channel.
Installed on your hub and perform search nearby.
A virtual switches main device will appear

• Enter the device and make a driver change to Virtual Switches Mc. All your virtual devices will move to that new main.
  • Delete the Virtual Switches Mc-(SOS) driver from your hub

I’m going to leave this driver in the channel in case it happens to more users

Please, tell me if this worked for you

2 Likes

This worked. Thank you

1 Like

Hello Mariano,

It appears that latest ST app update did remove the option to select ENABLE or DISABLE in multi-switches when selected in THAN for automations.
Could you confirm this change? Because this kills your β€œmirror” solution.

** device uses your multi-switch driver.