(EDGE Driver-Mc): Z-Wave Edge Drivers and others with FIBARO devices:

Ok,

Then the drivers need a optional profile change to temperature profile.

Smartthings will not do It!
When i can i will modify the driver stock and I’ll let you know

1 Like

Thank you very much for helping. So I’m waiting for you thanks again

1 Like

Hi @alefavara

I have modified the stock Z-wave Sensor driver:

• I have added two profiles one with temperature and one without temperature capability
  • I have added the same all configuration parameters as model 0x0701, since they are identical in the manual
  - name: "operationMode"
    title: "Sensor Operation Mode"
    description: "Defines Door/Window Sensor or external alarm sensor or external Button.(default: Door/window Sensor or Ext.Alarm)"
    required: false
    preferenceType: enumeration
    definition:
      options:
        0 : "Door/window Sensor or Ext.Alarm"
        1 : "External Button"
      default: 0
  • I have also added parameter 1 (operation Mode), which allows it to be used with an external switch.
  • There is a preference to Select use with external temperature sensor. By default it is False, since by default it comes without an external sensor.
preferences:
  - name: "useExtTempSensor"
    title: "Use External Temp Sensor"
    description: "Use External Temperature Sensor"
    required: false
    preferenceType: boolean
    definition:
      default: false
  • When you install, go into settings and change to Use with external temperature sensor. You close the app and clear the cache of the App.
  • This is the version of the driver that is on my channel
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Z-Wave Sensor Mc
 Version      2022-09-26T22:09:46.653637754        

Please, try and tell me if works fine

2 Likes

Please post logs like this using the coding tag </>.

It makes long lines and list much easier to read and doesn't clog up the community.  It makes long lines and list much easier to read and doesn't clog up the community.  It makes long lines and list much easier to read and doesn't clog up the community.
It makes long lines and list much easier to read and doesn't clog up the community.  It makes long lines and list much easier to read and doesn't clog up the community.
3 Likes

Hello,

I have Roller Shutter 2 (FGR-222): fingerprint 010f/0301/1001. With Edge Driver I should instal: Z-Wave Switch Mc or Z-Wave Window Treatment Mc ?

Marcin, both will work, but for the Roller Shutter, Z-Wave Window Treatment Mc would be better suited I think.

1 Like

Hi @Paul_Oliver

Try with this driver version to see if works fine without childs option.
If works fine then i will see if can implement childs option in the subdriver with your help

Name         Z-Wave Switch and Childs Mc
 Version      2022-09-27T12:57:58.142111067        

I prefer the logs without the </> option, I’m used to seeing it like this in the CLI changing lines without having to scroll to see the entire line

I switched to your new driver and after switching between the stock driver and your new driver switch #2 is functional but there still is no setting menu.

Operation is not consistent. Some times I push Main switch and everything works as expected, something switch 1 doesn’t work, sometimes switch 2 doesn’t work and some times I get a network error.

So it is much improved but not there yet. I am not currently home. In a couple hours went I get home I can get you some logs if desired.

Thanks for your help.

With stock Z-Wave Switch driver works fine?

I do not activate the Child menΓΊ settings yet

Yes, stock Z-Wave driver works fine. That is what I was using.

1 Like

this version has the exactly same subdriver stock

Name         Z-Wave Switch and Childs Mc
 Version      2022-09-27T11:26:39.036523141

I did as you said but it doesn’t work it doesn’t display anything and the open or closed state doesn’t work either

Much better. Everything thing is working.

But I on this version not what you showed.

Yes, this is the correct version, sorry

Have you entered in device settings and selected the external temperature profile and cleared the app’s cache?

If it does, the temperature capability should appear even if it also has a cloud

In your screenshoots with Z-wave Sensor stock driver the tamper alert not works either

@alefavara

Did you exclude device and pair again or did you do a driver change?

You should exclude it and include it again

No, I didn’t, because I was not home. I am home now and will exclude and repair.

Sorry, the answer post was for @alefavara

Yes, I deleted and reinstalled the device.
As you can see now the temperature option appears to me even if it is not yet seen. Then the open and closed state does not work.
And then as you can see in the picture is it possible to have an option and directly see the temperature in the button? I’ll explain I am using this sensor not for opening and closing the window but to control the water temperature of an aquarium

@Paul_Oliver

Works fine?

I am modifying the subdriver to implement the childs devices