(EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Light Multifunction Mc

Perfectly detailed explanation. So, I will remember to do screenshots for my convenience.

Thanks, Mariano!

You can also see the default values in the profile file on github.

I would a good idea to write the default value in the descriptive text of the preference, but for preferences whose type is enumeration, the descriptive text is not shown.
It is reported yo @nayelyz, but I don’t know if and when they will fix it

- name: "onTransTime"
    title: "Turn ON and OFF Transition Time(sec)"
    description: "Select Transition Time to Turn ON to last Level or OFF (0 to 10 sec)"
    required: false
    preferenceType: number
    definition:
      minimum: 0
      maximum: 10
      default: 0

Preference Type number:

Preference Type enumeraciΓ³n:

- name: "restoreState"
    title: "ATTEMPT Restore State if Power Lost"
    description: "WARNNING: COULD NOT WORK\n After the power supply is back on, the State can be restored to previous state or remain switched off (Default: device restores previous state)"
    required: false
    preferenceType: enumeration
    definition:
      options:
        "0": "device remains switched Off"
        "1": "device remains switched On"
        "255": "device restores previous state"
      default: "255"

1 Like

What’s the best way to use Progressive On as a gentle wake up effect?

I’m trying to schedule a gentle wake up either via SharpTools or as a routine directly in SmartThings. But if the level is at 100% when the light was switched off it blinks to 100% before starting from 0%. For it to start at 0%, does it need to be turned down to 0 when it’s switched off the night before?

1 Like

Hi @westis

Do not put start at 0% because when you send the command device:send(zcl_clusters.Level.commands.MoveToLevelWithOnOff(device, math.floor(on_Level/100.0 * 254), 0xFFFF))
and on level is 0% this corresponds to off state , then the driver would search for the last known level.

In fact I am seeing that the preference allow a minimum value of 1%.

You have to start at >=1%
The time to reach the maximum level in 40 or 45 minutes, according to what I remember years ago when Philips made their artificial sunrise lamps.

I would also use to increase the color temperature

Try those values and you should wake up before reaching 100%.
Just in case, put the mobile alarm or a notification with an automation

If bulb do not has progressive On activated because you use that light normally during the rest of the day, then you have to do 2 automations

Activate progressive On, without select Activate light:

Second, 1 minute after to activate light:

1 Like

This explanation helps me to also understand how to use this, as I was having similar behavior as Daniel.

Sometime could you give an explanation/example of how if Switch Pushed when Running GoTo works? I’ve experimented, but not had success with that. and am not sure if I don’t understand it, or if my bulb (Ecosmart CCT) doesn’t support it, or what.

Please, if you find the time, or if anyone in the community, using this, has an example, I would be grateful.

They are similar to what the gentle wakeup app did.

Example:

• If you are doing a progressive-On and has not reached the final level, depending of you have selected in if Push Switch:
  • End: when you press the switch in the app, the bulb goes to the selected final level and ends the cycle.
  • Stop: when you press the switch in the app, the bulb stops dimming at the current level and the cycle ends.
  • Off: when you press the switch in the app the light bulb goes off and the cycle ends.
  • Change: The direction of the dimmer is inverted and the cycle continues with the values chosen in progressive-off. If Progressive-off is inactive then the bulb turns off and the cycle ends.

For prigressive-Off it is similar.

1 Like

Thank you, so much!

I will try this, as I understand it better now.

1 Like

I think I will change the texts in preferences for a better understanding. Now I know how to do it, at first I didn’t know that this could be done:

• End: It will be displayed as β€œGo to End Level”
  • Stop: it will go to β€œStop Dimming”
  • Off: will go to β€œTurn Off the Bulb”
  • Change: will change to β€œChange Dimming Direction”
2 Likes

Thanks a lot. Then I have a follow-up question:

If I set up a routine in SmartThings I have to first select β€œSwitch on” or β€œSwitch off”. I can’t just set Progressive On: Active. How did you achieve that without also switching the light on?

In SharpTools it works perfectly though. I first execute command setProgOn with argument Active, then delay 60 seconds and then On. Works a treat and great now as schools soon begin after summer holidays.

1 Like

Oh and what’s the command for setting progressive level-color, if I use SharpTools? I couldn’t find any command that looks like that. Unless I’ve already set it to active for the device in SmartThings.

Activate is checked by default, but if you click activate when it is checked it is unchecked

1 Like

If you mean to perform progressive On or Off with progressive level and color temperature , it is in preferences and is only accessible in the app

1 Like

Oh, I hadn’t even realized I can uncheck that box… Thanks. :slight_smile:

If I might be so bold…

I have the Gledopto 5in1 dimmer (GL-C-002), is this device going to be in this Edge driver maybe?

Hi @Roy_R

The exact manufacturer and model is necessary

the model is GL-C-002 or GL-C-002P?

Appologies, you are right it is the Gledopto GL-C-002P

Added to this driver version

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ Name        β”‚ Zigbee Light Multifunction Mc        β”‚
β”‚ Version     β”‚ 2022-08-14T18:51:48.725499153        β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
  - id: "GL-C-002P/Gledopto"
    deviceLabel: Light Gledopto
    manufacturer: GLEDOPTO
    model: GL-C-002P
    deviceProfileName: rgbw-level-colortemp-2700-6500
1 Like

Great! The last of my smarthome that I had to switch to Edge!

I can’t add the controller yet with Edge, but will look into it later.
I do have the update on my hub but if I delete the controller and connect it again it doesn’t use the Edge driver (yet).

Euhm well :poop:

manufacturer: GLEDOPTO
model: GL-C-006P

I checked the manual and apparently Gledopto uses the same manual… Very sorry :blush:

When you can… pretty please :kissing_heart:

@Roy_R and @Mariano_Colmenarejo i think that 5in1 model changes model number with each device mode change. You might need different profiles for each mode