Name         Zigbee Light Multifunction Mc           
 Version      2023-02-04T12:35:53.623171805        
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
- id: "_TZ3210_eejm8dcr/TS0505B"
    deviceLabel: RGBW TS0505B
    manufacturer: _TZ3210_eejm8dcr
    model: TS0505B
    deviceProfileName: rgbw-level-colortemp-2700-6500

Is there a way with the edge driver to sync/mirror lighting color without using a virtual device? Through routine possibly?

Trying to replace color coordinator / trendsetter.

Hi @dschnell89

Possibly it can be done with the Rules API, but I can’t help you on this.

Other users can surely help you with this

Works great now. Thanks so much!

@nayelyz

This seems to be something else that has changed without any notice.

I don’t know if in the default libraries or in the app or where.
Now when you select or command a level 0% the final result in the app and what the CLI gets is 1%level and off state.

The diver uses the defaults for the CurrentLevel attribute response and reads 1% and off even though I have sent a command to set 0% level.

In the stock profiles they already put a minimum level of 1% a long time ago, but I don’t have this limit in the profiles and I have it set as an option for devices that work badly with 0% level.

Even if you do a refresh the device responds that it has set the 1% level, then it seems that the default libraries set that level 1% in the devices

Now it seems that it is for everyone, for now

Whoever has routines made with 0% level to modify them!

1 Like

(NEW RELEASE) Version BETA of the Edge Driver Zigbee Light Multifunction GROUPS

• Because local routines with multiple lights run very slowly and stock Light Groups do not control all functions, then I have added functions to control all paired devices directly from the driver with custom groups.

Changes and Improvements:

• Added a preference to assign each device to a mirror group with a maximum of 10 groups. By default the value is 0, which is equivalent to no group assigned.

• Added a preference to be able to create up to 10 child devices with RGBW-2000k to 6500k profile to control each of the 10 possible groups. By default it is false.

• These child devices can control in group the functions Switch, Level, ColorTemperature, ColorControl and external input of Level and ColorTemperature in steps.
  • Added a custom capability “Mirror Group Function” that allows you to activate and deactivate manually or dynamically from routines the reception of commands from your assigned group. By default it is Inactive

how does it work?:

• If you want to simultaneously control several devices paired to the driver:
  1. Go to preferences and assign all the devices you want to manage simultaneously to the same mirror group number. Valid values between 1 and 10. Devices can have different profiles, switch-level, RGBW, RGB…
  2. In one of the devices assigned to the group, create a Device Mirror Group Control in its preferences. New child device appears in the room were the Hub is. You can change the name to best identify
  3. Assign the created device to the same number of mirror group

1. Activate the custom capability “Mirror Group Function” on all devices in the group.
  2. From this moment all the commands that you execute in the Device Mirror Group Control will be transmitted to each device in the group.
  3. If you send a color or color temperature value and some group device does not support that capabilities, the command will not be sent to its.
  4. I have maintained the new philosophy of smartthing with the level, when a level 0% is sent the device turns off, but it shows a level 1%
  5. You can create routines or scenes that send action commands to this Device Mirror Group Control and it will be forwarded on all devices.
  6. You can create up to 10 different groups and 10 Device Mirror Group Control. Only one child will be created per device and never more than 10.
  7. You can send from a button or a routine ColorTemperature or level steps increments to the Device Mirror Group Control and they will be sent to all the devices in the group.
  8. Each bulb can continue to be managed individually and will maintain states until it receives a command from the group.
  9. Each device in the group will execute the received commands according to the preference settings it has defined, level and colorTemperature limits, progressive ON, OFF, Circadian…

I’ve tried it with 5 bulbs simultaneously, I don’t have any more, 2 RGBW color x,y attributes, 2 colorTemperature and 1 switch-level.

I have not noticed an increase in memory usage of the driver, with the 5 bulbs and 2 child devices it has between 1200 kb and 1400 kb practically the same as with the driver without groups.

I don’t see it penalizing the hub or the network compared to using local routines with multiple simultaneous devices.
Rather, it reduces the use of the network and the Hub and I explain myself:

• When you have a local routine with simultaneous commands to turn on 5 devices, for example:
  1. The driver receives the commands sequentially for the 5 devices
  2. The driver executes the received commands and sends them sequentially to each device through the zigbee network.
  3. Each device receives the commands and sends the new status of the attributes to the hub via zigbee message
  4. The driver receives the messages and sends the events of each device to the platform
  • With this group function executed within the driver, the 5 sequential commands that have to reach the diver from the routine become only 1 command.

The practical result I see is that it works much faster than with routines even if it is local.

The Beta driver is called Zigbee Light Multifunction GROUPS

Anyone who wants to try it just has to make a driver change without losing any routine or setting and if you find any errors, please tell me.
When it is tested enough I will merge them to the Mc driver

• At the request of a user, sorry I do not find who request it, I have also added a preference to be able to customize the levels and colorTemperature to use during the night period 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. in circadian function.
    By default, the minimum levels of circadian function will be used.
    You can choose to keep the last values established in the device when it is turned on

UPDATE 09 Feb:

At the request of @JKnight to add the BLINK effect on devices so that it can be used as a visual alarm or visible notification.

Not all bulbs or devices support the Identify cluster, “TriggerEffect” command.
OSRAM bulbs and I guess LEDVANCE and some others will accept it and they blink every second.
The TUYA bulbs, which I have, don’t support it and they simply blink indicating that they don’t accept it, for these bulbs the command is resent every 3 sec and has a similar effect.

It is managed with a custom capability Effects Set Command and can be activated and deactivated manually, with routines or scenes.

• It has the values Inactive, Blink ON and Blink OFF.
  • When the Blink ON command is sent, the On command is also sent
  • When the Inactive or Blink OFF command is sent, the light stays on, it is supposed to be activated by an alarm and it is better to stay On.

I have added to the profile of the mirror group control child all the functions that the RGBW profile has, which makes it easier to activate any manual function in a group, with routines or scenes.

• This group control function is completely optional and by default everything works as in the previous driver.
  • Each device can continue to be controlled individually without affecting the group, the functions are synchronized in only one direction from the control device.

Driver Version will be updated automatically.
Users using the previous version of driver my need delete App cache to see the new capabilities of profile of Parent and Chil devices

Name         Zigbee Light Multifunction GROUPS
 Version      2023-02-09T14:36:50.260744409
8 Likes

This works well from a mirroring perspective… Addresses my earlier issue.

Possible bug? I can change the Color temperature of individual bulbs, but cannot change the colors independently. Bulb 1 could have 2700K and Bulb 2 could be 4000K, but I cannot change Bulb 1 to be Red and Bulb 2 to be Green.

Changing the Color/Color Temperature in the Mirror Group Control does change all bulbs in the group.

It is a little clunky to setup, but the instructions are clear. Future features for this might be

• adding color changing modes to Mirror Group Control
  • Color/CCT presets to the Mirror Group Control

This is done to change all the bulbs in the same group to the same values.
If you want different values for different devices you have to create different groups and control with a child each group

Do you mean that you can manage on/off state individually, but because of the mirror function you lose the ability to change colors individually?

I have not said that.

With the group child device the entire group is controlled, on-off, colorControl, level, colorTemperature and change by steps of level and colorTemperature.

Each bulb can be managed individually as if the group did not exist from the details view of each device

Hey @Mariano_Colmenarejo,

Thanks for all your hard work! Like many a SmartThings user, I have been missing much of the functionality that previously made the platform great and kept me out of hot water with the wife. Is there a way to implement or add the “blinkOn” and “blinkOff” capability back? Below is a link to the DTH I was previously using which worked great to flash (blink) the lights when an alarm was triggered. It also had “pulseOn” and “pulseOff” which was handy. My light is OSRAM LIGHTIFY Flex RGBW (Name: rgbw-level-colortemp-2700-6500).

Then I think I have something set wrong or there is a bug because I can’t individually change the bulb colors

Does anyone have this lidl bulb? LIVARNO home LED-lamp wittinten - Zigbee Smart Home
I can find livarno in this thread, but only the e14 and/or rgb versions.
Hope they are kind of cross compatible.
I ordered them, hope they work or we can make them work. It’s the only ones for a fair price, i dont want to pay 10 euro+ for just a bulb.

Hi @dschnell89
Sorry and thanks for report this issue.
Fixed in this driver version.

Since I only have bulbs with x,y color attributes, there was an error in the color handler with hue and saturation attributes, that I cannot test

Name         Zigbee Light Multifunction GROUPS         
 Version      2023-02-07T10:02:18.93251382

@goosetapo I have this Lidl Livarno bulb in use.
Edit: My bulb is RGBW bulb. I didn’t understand Dutch word wittinten.

Maybe Lidl changes fingerprints (manufacturer and model) to new bulbs.
I think that @Mariano_Colmenarejo can add fingerprints if you buy the bulb.

Thanks, any link to a guide how to get fingerprints/device ID etc?
Wittinten stands for different shades of white. it can do yellow/blueish white basically, not RGB.

When you have the bulb install Zigbee Thing Mc driver from Mariano Colmenarejo’s Channel and try to pair bulb to see the complete fingerprints.

2 Likes

Hi @JKnight

I have been doing some tests and for OSRAM bulbs it works fine, you can configure the time that Blink is doing, I guess it is also in others like LEDVANCE and some others.

In the others that I have, that are Tuya, it only blinks one time and stop.

I will see the way to implement it even if it does not work for all models

Thanks @Mariano_Colmenarejo,

I know the blink capability is not consistent across devices, which is likely why we don’t see it available by default… but it sure would be nice to take full advantage of my hardware again. I certainly appreciate anything you might be available to come up with and am happy to beta test if needed.

Keep up the phenomenal work!

Hi,
Do any of you have this bulb? I bought it three years ago and it worked fine in a V2 hub without the drivers.
Now I’m transferring everything to a V3 hub with the drivers installed (thanks @Mariano_Colmenarejo for your great work!) and unfortunately the hub recognises it as a dimmable/warm/cold white bulb. It’s a GLEDOPTO GU5 RGB CCT regulable Color Floodlight:

I am using the Zigbee Light Multifunction Mc driver (Ver. 2023-02-05T17:18:35.867848564).
Mariano, I’m embarrassed to ask you to add this to your driver - you have a lot of work to do anyway, but I guess I have no choice. I would be eternally grateful.