(EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Light Multifunction Mc

Thanks a lot for explanation! It seems though, that progressive off can’t be used together with Circadian Lighting?

Also, when switching bulb off with automation, I can’t select any settings, such as progressive off.

The progressive on and off are incompatible with the circadian function.

for progressive off:

• You have to adjust in preferences the time for progressive shutdown and the minimum level = 0%.
  • You select progressive Off = activated un detalle view of device.
  • Every time you turn off the light from a routine or from the switch or the app, it will turn off progressively at the programmed time.

Too bad Circadian Lighting and Progressive Off don’t work together. I’m currently using Circadian on all lights, to control color temperature and brightness throughout the day. Would have loved to be able to also transition to off.

Maybe I could make progressive shutdown and circadian function compatible, I’ll look into it

2 Likes

What are the external steps to be used for programming a dimming function for IKEA bulbs?

External level step and external color temperature steps are used to increase or decrease a certain value step by step from a routine or with a device such as a button, for example.

I have a remote control with 6 buttons and in each button I have routines to increase and decrease one or more bulbs in fixed steps.

button 1:

• pressed: turn off
  • Pressed twice: decrease level 10%
  • Pressed 3 times: decrease level 20%

button 2:

• pressed: turn on
  • Pressed 2 times: increase level 10%
  • Pressed 3 times: increase level 20%

You can do the same for color temperature.

I am using both Level and Temperature change with different remotes. It works really nice with Hue dimmer and Zooz Scene Controller

hi is could it be posible to add some configuration to the attempt restore state if power lost , eg, a time and a level . for instance if the power comes back on at say 10pm dimm to 20 percent and if the power comes back on at 9am 100 percent .no worries if its not possible thanks ]
martin

It is not possible to do that. Device does not report when power is restored.

You could do something with an automation that triggers based on a time period and a light bulb that turns always on when power is restored.

1 Like

thanks will try that

Aha, so the External Steps number is percent? What percentages to use with IKEA bulbs to align with their programmed steps?

The Increment or decrement of each step depends of the user

For level you can choose between -30% and +30% at each step

For color temperature you can choose between -500k and +500k at each step

Yes, but what values should I use for IKEA bulbs with internally programmed dimming steps? I’ve been experimenting with a few different values, but usually it goes up and then down a slight bit or vice versa, as if it’s adjusting to the closest IKEA-programmed value. Rather than just going to the new value.

Or maybe that’s just something I will have to figure out myself by trial-and-error.

Also, in the stock IKEA driver there’s a value for DeviceWatch-DeviceStatus, to see if a bulb has gone offline. Any chance to make that status available in this driver too? Or is it too unreliable?

In the zigbee and zwave edge drivers, the offline-online control is carried out automatically by the Hub firmware, taking into account the current status report interval configured in the device and the signal level received by the hub.

Ok, does that mean I can or can’t access that value via SharpTools? Maybe it’s not an issue of the Edge driver and maybe those values can be accessed in the new SharpTools beta version?

I don’t know exactly what you have set in preferences to know what can happen to you.

What the driver does is add the value of the received step to the current level of the bulb, sending the resulting value to the bulb.

If you have transition times programmed for level in preferences then you might see that effect:

• A command is sent with the new level value and the time in preferences that it has to take to go from the current value to the new one.
  • The device calculates with its firmware how many steps and the value of the steps to execute the command.
  • These steps are shown in the app with a certain delay to what is seen in the bulb, since the device executes and sends each step to the hub and the driver has to handle it and send it to the app through the cloud.
    In the CLI it is seen in real time.

If during the transition time another new command is sent with a new value and a new transition time, it can create strange values in app.

I don’t know if this is the case for you, if it is, try removing the level transition time in preferences by entering 0, as not all bulbs work well with this.
Ikea may have pre-scheduled transition times.

I have an Osram that works very well with the level transition times, but the Lidl ones do not support the transition times between levels, but it works for Off-On-Off

Hi Mariano,

Thanks for all your great work!

I do have this LIDL multiplg that I thought would be working well with Smartthings but no luck. I have tried your grrovy script and now trying to make the edge driver to work.

Details are here:
application: 46
endpointId: 01
manufacturer: _TZ3000_vzopcetz
model: TS011F
zigbeeNodeType: ROUTER

What happens is that, even by having the edge driver installed (Zigbee Switch Power Mc) the Smartthings application installs the device with the old groovy script as “Outlet” and I cannot get it to install my plug with the edge driver.
Am I installing the wrong driver?

Also, I don’t think i have seen this exact model of plug in your list, maybe it isn’t supported yet.
Any clue on what I am getting wrong?

Thanks,
Florian

Hi @flotueur

Is it a triple strip?

If so, I have to add it to the zigbee multi switch Mc driver.
I’ll do it in a few days and I’ll let you know

Until I add it if you want to try this DTH.
It’s like the one you used, but with a few changes. It works well for me in another Lidl triple power strip

@Mariano_Colmenarejo Thank you so much for the prompt response!
Looking forward to the Edge driver.

In the meantime, i have tried the groovy script you gave and have so;e problems with it.
I explained on this post here (you will find the log here too): Lidl Smart Home with SmartThings - #204 by flotueur

I am concerned it is not working as intended - Perhaps I have a version of the device that isn’t supported?

Here is what smartthings tells me when the plug is installed as “outlet” (default Zigbee groovy device)
application: 46
endpointId: 01
manufacturer: _TZ3000_vzopcetz
model: TS011F
zigbeeNodeType: ROUTER

It seems a bit strange.

I have another similar model, also TS011F, and it works well with that DTH.

Did you remove the old DTH and install the one I sent you?
Did you delete the device from the App, reset it and re-pair it with the DTH?

do you have settings in preference like this?