New Official Integration: Samsung Multiroom Audio

Have you updated the speaker firmware? This made all the difference to my two!

Dean Smith sounds like a great idea now could you tell me how I would go about doing that?

download the firmware from Samsung on a USB stick. Plug it into the service port on the speaker and turn it on

I’ll definitely give it a shot thank you fellas for your help I’ll let you know how it turns out

It sees it but still doesn’t know what it is

Interesting… That doesn’t appear to be the screen you are supposed to see when adding a speaker… You should see a page like this

What steps are you following to add the speaker?

Thank you for that advice it’s surely work for me I found the screen that looks like that and my speaker is working fine thanks for the help

The only problem I’m having with this audio system when I get a notification by sound it doesn’t return the music that I was playing

4 Likes

Same problem with the resume on the music. I hope the integration get better. I have a Samsung R5 and Smarthings from Samsung. 2 products of the same company…

I can’t even use the R5 with TTS because it stops the music.

2 Likes

From what i’ve gathered the only devices that can start music again after tts are the sonos ones as they provide 6 presets you can set.

I too went the samsung route thinking it would be the most in depth integration, but that is unfortunately not true.

Is this the Mickey Mouse club or what? Not ready for primetime

3 Likes

ok I have a M7 and keep getting errosr on line 573 since the last update. I cant see the DH code anyone have a copy I can look at to see why I am getting this error?

I’ve gotten this error as well, it’s new to this new dth. Source code is closed, I’ve already begged for it…
Not only that my m7’s will now mute on their own spontaneously…

1 Like

Just great they make it they break it they stick out their tongues at us

Wouldn’t you believe it it’s Friday night, there’s no moon insight and I’m in a fright. I can not arm my house to go out and enjoy myself on a Friday night SmartThings my ASS!! I’m going to buy me a Mickey Mouse hat I am firmly a member of the Mickey Mouse Club

Caution on the Samsung wireless speaker integration. Do not upgrade your wireless speakers unless they are still under warranty.
I did the Samsung software upgrade on the WAM350 M3 speaker by pressing the mute button for 5 seconds and it bricked my speaker. Now because it is out of warranty, Samsung wants $80 to fix it. Time to get cozy with SONOs.

I keep looking for information on the fuller integration (I.e., the ability to automate the speakers or play a selected song list) but have yet to have seen anything. The smart apps available for music and sounds have very little functionality with these speakers. Am I missing something?

2 Likes

Where is the notify app? I just want to notify to one of my R7’s (both would be nice but I’ll settle for one) I recently migrated to the v2 hub and can’t find the notify app at all. Both speakers have been added to hub without issue.

Also, is there any word on integration with any music platforms for the Samsung speakers? One would think integration would be tighter.