New motion sensor not working

I have a gen 2 water leak sensor attached. Added it last night. No issues and tested the wet/dry functionality just fine.

Just rebooted the hub and repaired. No change. I switched the network cable going to the hub. We also have 2 routers. Ive tried switching to the other router. No change.

And I get what you mean about the frustration, I really do. My issue is that ST support keeps shoving the v2 hub down my throat with minimal support for issues. In the end I either move on or get it working through fiddling around. What is interesting is speaking of Iris I helped my brother set his up - using the Iris hub. Iā€™ll be damed if everything didnā€™t work without a hitch from the beginning.

Thatā€™s good to know. Like I said, please let support know - especially the fact that their own sensor wouldnā€™t work. If they keep insisting that v2 will fix your issues, then insist back that you deserve a free v2 replacement since thatā€™s what is being recommended to fix your problems :wink:

As mentioned above, several people have experienced motion sensors getting stuck on motion. I have this happen a lot, and have an open ticket with support on this issue. In fact, I had one stuck yesterday, and another one stuck this morning. Both were the older PEQ sensors once sold by Best Buy.

When I first migrated from hub v1 to v2, it was painful; and then I had my v2 hub die and had to do it again a few months later. That was brutal because I had a ton more devices, and many, many, needed more time than it should to get working again. I follow some of the Iris forums, and they do have their issues as well.

1 Like

V2 hub doesnā€™t seem like it would be any less of an issue since Iā€™m having the exact problem with it. I feel like the tab holding the battery is going to break off with how many times Iā€™ve removed and reinserted the battery. Iā€™ve tried all the same things: holding the reset button while removing and reinserting. Removing, waiting 60 seconds, holding the button and reinserting, pretty much every combination I could think of.

Support had to go in and make changes on the back end. Some issue with motion sensors and the V1 hub.

Thanks to everyone that helped.

3 Likes

Glad you got it working. I think sometimes Device Handers get corrupt and there is no way for a user to reinstall.