NEW Ikea TRÅDFRI dimmer

Hi!

I added to Hub V2 system NEW Ikea TRÅDFRI dimmer
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/tradfri-wireless-dimmer-white-00468432/

i also have 3 xiaom outlets, after adding TRÅDFRI, it immediately started turning them on and off. I tried to remove and re-add but same thing :thinking

Nice! Il looks like the remote for the Ikea blinds.
There is a DHT for that, it has been made b6 Luis_Pinto.

Perhaps it will work similarly.

Its a new dimmer to replace round one, they sell it in kit also.

The smartthings own device type lets use push and hold, but thats not the problem.

Right after adding it turns on and off all my Xiaomi outlets.

Try putting a high wattage bulb in

It’s a zigbee controller, and the Xioami outlets are also zigbee end devices (just like bulbs).

Xioami only expects their devices to be used with their own gateway, and they don’t always perform as expected in a SmartThings system.

It may be necessary to

1. Remove the dimmer
  2. Confirm all the outlets are still working OK with ST
  3. Unplug all the outlets
  4. then add the dimmer
  5. Then plug the outlets back in.

That should keep the outlets from adding themselves to the dimmer’s control group when the dimmer is added to the network.

I know it’s a lot of extra work, but that’s the hidden cost of using the inexpensive Xioami devices. :disappointed_relieved:

@veeceeoh @a4refillpad @BroderickCarlin

5 Likes

:+1::+1::+1: that helpt, and thigs work.

1 Like

I have the same situation, I unpluged the Xiaomi outlets, then added the Ikea switch (not the dimmer) and then plugged the outlets back, and now every time that I click on the Switch it turns on all of the Xiaomi outlets… Any idea on how to solve this?

I have the same problem. Not with xiaomi outlets, but with xiaomi (aqara) two gang switches.
Even tried to “unplug” them before adding dimmer and still happening…

I have a number of these switches, and thought they were pretty good with ST.
Have two issues tho;

1. The original ikea batteries are lasting only one to 3 months.
  2. When I replace the battery(s), they do not appear to reconnect, unless I do the 4 tap reset and re-add. Then of couse I have lost any automations?
    Any suggestions?
1 Like