[OBSOLETE] “Home on Code Unlock Too"

I did submit to ST, but no response from them yet.

What type of lock do you have? I’m surprised that it went through them twice - I will look into it.

As for multiple locks - yes, it’s possible, just as soon as I get the time to work on it…

I have two Kwikset 912 locks.

If you think anything armor the logs would be helpful, let me know and I would be happy to supply them.

@storageanarchy did you publish this on the ST User Apps sections? If so what name have you used?

Quick question - at the bottom of the first page of the setup there is an option “Set for specific mode(s)”. Does that mean this app WILL NOT run while in these modes or it WILL run in these modes? I do not want the app to run while in a certain mode, so I want to make sure I have it set properly.

I had removed it while working on programming the actual codes, so as not to propogate non-working code. Best to get it from my github account anyway…

This is the same for all SmartApps that use this feature - you select which modes the SmartApp WILL run in. I don’t even think I get to change the question, so it should be consisted.

Note that if you set it to only run in HOME mode, and you want it to actually change the mode from AWAY to HOME, it won’t work. The app actually doesn’t get run at all in any of the modes that you don’t select.

Really thankful for your work Barry! But I’ve installed the app on my Schlage touchpad and I can’t get it working. Once installed none of the codes work on my lock so I’m stuck. Anyone else have this same issue?

I’ve tried uninstalling, clearing all the codes manually on the lock, and reinstalling, etc. Still no dice. Any suggestions?

The cujrrent app won’t set or delete codes if you don’t enter any codes in the setup screens - try just entering a user name for a Code ID you have manually set the code for.

If that doesn’t work, I’ll dig into it more later today…as I said, it’s a work in progress at this point.

Thanks Barry. I fulled around more with it yesterday and found out that if I set up the app first, then delete all user codes manually on the lock, enter them in the order I set up the app it works great. Good enough for now for me! If I want to add or delete codes though I have to go through the whole process again.

Thanks for your work and help!

Thought I was going crazy. I am experiencing the same issue.

I setup my Schlage with 3 codes. Tested and working.
Installed “Home on Code Unlock” and setup preferences.
Tested my setup by attempting to open the door with one of the 3 codes previously added. All fail.
Deleted and re-added each code. All is well.
Tested the app (via opening/closing locks) and working as it should.
Go back into to preferences, make changes, re-try a code and all fail.Must re-add each code to lock.

I noted that within the activity feed there are two entries stating "Lock Codes Used sent SetCode command to Front Door Lock

You can avoid this by leaving the codes in Home On Code Unlock blank - just enter the names for the IDs you have manually set the codes for.

Perfect… Thank you for getting back so quick. That works like a charm. That lead to my next question though. Why have the code in there at all?

One other issue/question if I may. When I first set it up there was options relating to push notification. The 1st, Push Notification Only (I set it to on). the 2nd was regarding SMS notification which I elected to leave blank. Now with everything setup I no longer have the 2nd option available. How do I get this back???

Again, thanks for all your efforts. This is an extremely valuable addition to my door lock functionality.

Barry @storageanarchy,
First off, thanks for writing and sharing this. I bought my Schlage Camelot Deadbolt about 6 months ago in anticipation of getting a ST hub. It finally happened at Christmas. After including the lock I was a little disappointed that the only info I got was that the lock had been locked or unlocked. I stumbled upon your SmartApp in another thread and decided to give it a try.
My lock was completely set up with 6 user codes and Auto-lock turned on prior to installing the SmartApp. I set the six codes up in the app to match the ones I had already (manually) entered into the lock. After installing and configuring the app four of my six codes would no longer work. When I went to the log I saw six instances of “Set Home Mode When Door Unlocked sent setCode”. I thought maybe there was a communication problem so I verified the setup and hit the next button again. No luck. Same result. The app was working though because when I would unlock the door with the working codes it would say “Front Door Lock lock was unlocked with code 8 (or 9 or 10)” - even though I was only supposed to have six codes. So, I deleted ALL user codes from the keypad and configured the app again. No luck. No codes. I re-entered all six codes from the keypad to make them match the list and now everything functions properly.
Based on your previous entry you said that ST isn’t setting codes in the lock, but any idea why some of the codes in the lock became corrupted or removed? It seems like it’s doing something.

Because my lock is set to auto-lock, I don’t think the AWAY phrase use will work for me because the lock always auto-locks after 30 seconds.

Thanks again!
-Mark

P.S. I also noticed that there is a new “(Enhanced) Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock” device type available. Have you tried that out with your app yet?

Thanks for this app! I have a suggestion or request…your app is pretty close to exactly what I’m looking for. I have a house cleaner and pet sitter that come to the house while I’m gone. There are two challenges I’m trying to work around, and maybe you know how to incorporate into your app. They are related actually.

Of course these people don’t have presence sensors, so I can’t detect when they leave. I also use an app that auto-locks my two locks after X minutes. The garage locks after 15 minutes, and the front door after 5. I haven’t had a chance to really test this, but I assume if I were not here, and one of the locks auto-locked, it would return the mode to my selected away mode. Would it be possible to add a feature to allow us to define a period after which the mode goes to away, rather than immediately upon door lock? For instance, the pet sitter stays from 20-45 minutes and the house cleaners are usually gone within an hour. If I could define the number of minutes after which the mode switches, that would probably be ideal, since I can’t rely on the door lock option (I definitely don’t want to remove the auto-lock feature I’ve implemented). I’d be happy with a single mode-switch delay to apply to all user codes, but if it could be even further configurable based on which code was used, that would be AWESOME!!

Second question is that I actually have two home modes and two away modes that could be relevant, because I use the Magic Home app. It is safe to assume that my cleaners are always here during the day, but I don’t think I can make that assumption for a pet sitter. If the pet sitter is coming here, it means I’m away longer than just a few hours, and I’d want to trigger the Magic Home assessment just like it would if I actually left the house with a presence sensor. That way when the mode changes, it would also respect whether or not it was before or after sunset when the new mode is determined. I wouldn’t want to house to be swapped to a day mode if the switch happened after sunset. That would leave the house totally dark for the period through the following day’s sunrise, and that’s not ideal if I’m not planning to be home myself in that period of time.

Thanks in advance for considering these ideas!

Hi @storageanarchy

Great App. Thanks for all your hard work.

I have one minor problem when setting up the app. If I create a user and set an unlock code that starts with a “0” the “0” will get deleted when I hit done. So a unlock code like 0847 becomes 847.

Any idea what might be causing that?

I thought I asked this before, but I can’t find my post about it. Is it possible to modify this app to control two locks? We have two Kiwksets and I would like to use it on both without having to have the app installed and configured twice.

Thanks for the code @storageanarchy. I modified it for me to do user code verification for the locking of the door as well. I didn’t want it to run the away action if it was manually locked (or schlage outside button press). Now it will only run the away action just when a user code is entered to lock the door. This works out great if you want to leave your presence/keys/phone but still arm/disarm the home. Maybe on a future release you would want to incorporate that if other locks report codes on locking. I just tested this with the schlage touchscreen.

Love this!!! Thanks!
I have a quick question-- would it be possible to build in an announcement message to a Sonos “Welcome Home Person!” when a specific user code is used to unlock? I do this now using presence sensors, but our cleaning people and dog sitter do not have presence sensors, just a specific lock code.

Thanks again.
Chris

Chris -

This is definitely possible, but I’m not sure if/when I could get to this.

Although relatively simple to add, I first have to figure out and fix my own SONOS implementation (I have issues with groups, such that ST announcements sometimes come on ONE speaker, and sometimes on ALL of them…I think I have to delete and re-installed with one SONOS Connect device for each SONOS speaker, or something.)

Hi, my Schlage lock throws errors when I set the codes in the app, thought you might want to see…

10:03:08 AM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.Integer.size() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: is(java.lang.Object), find(), find(groovy.lang.Closure), times(groovy.lang.Closure), div(java.lang.Number), use([Ljava.lang.Object;) @ line 524