New Fibaro switches FGS-213/223

Can I control the dual outputs individually?

When I use Dim and Dimmer smart app or Routines I can only seem to control the unit as a whole, and I guess turn both outputs on or off simultaneously?

Thanks

Just updated all my handlers to the new color scheme.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll give that a go.

@erocm1231 back in December it looks like you were having discussions with Fibaro about getting double and triple clicks to work. From using your DH today I can see it is only sending a sceneid of 1 or 2. Did you ever get this worked out, how to get sceneid sent correctly?

Thanks in advance.
Roger
(Brand new forum user)

Honestly, I donā€™t believe this functionality made it into the switch. Unless there is some hidden configuration that isnā€™t documented, the feature just doesnā€™t work. It is unlike the Dimmer 2 (which does have this feature working) in the way that it doesnā€™t ā€œhesitateā€ when doing a double, triple toggle etc.

Thanks for coming back to me Eric. I might ping over in the Fibaro forums and ask if anyone using these devices are able to use the feature through Home Centre.

Late here for me now, spent a lot of time this evening understanding how device handlers work and it is past midnight now. So Iā€™ll dig further tomorrow. If I find anything (which I know is unlikely) Iā€™ll give a go updating the DH and let you know.

By the way, is there a way to discover if there any undocumented parameters available on the switch, like doing some sort of iteration round all numbers from 1 to 100 or getting doing a bulk report?

Pretty sure the sceneid is stored in keyAttributes property of $cmd, at least that is where other controllers are getting it from. Or it may be without the ā€˜sā€™. I see someone has written a DH for the Fibaro Button with an ā€˜sā€™, and other controllers accessing the FGS-223 value with an ā€˜sā€™. Links below are examples from research.

@erocm1231 Iā€™ve done some testing this evening. ā€˜sceneNumberā€™ holds the switch clicked. ā€˜keyAttributesā€™ holds the scene number.

I get this type of event:-

2017-03-30 7:04:01.628 PM BST
8 minutes ago DEVICE button 1x click Living Room Light Switch button 2 was 1x click

I havenā€™t checked values for Toggle Switch, but my code for momentary is as below:
switch (cmd.keyAttributes) {
case 0: // 1x click
buttonEvent(cmd.sceneNumber, ā€œ1x clickā€)
break
case 1: // 1x click
buttonEvent(cmd.sceneNumber, ā€œreleasedā€)
break
case 2: // 1x click
buttonEvent(cmd.sceneNumber, ā€œheldā€)
break
case 3: // 1x click
buttonEvent(cmd.sceneNumber, ā€œ2x clickā€)
break
case 4: // 1x click
buttonEvent(cmd.sceneNumber, ā€œ3x clickā€)
break
default:
logging(ā€œUnhandled SceneActivationSet: ${cmd}ā€)
break
}

Heavily ripped off (from Eric) but modified DH here. Not sure how to get my repo setup properly to work with SmartThings (something to look at)

Edited: removed link to my modified DH

If it is just a matter of keyAttribute vs sceneNumber, I would rather just update my handler so their arenā€™t multiple versions floating around. I do appreciate you looking into it though. The problem I was having is that no matter what type of toggle I attempted at the switch, it would report the same CentralScene information. In addition, when doing a 2x click, the light would flip on and off and 1 3x click on/off/on. This is not the same behavior as the Dimmer 2 which if you do a 2x click, the attached light is not affected. To me, the Dimmer 2 behavior makes more sense and indicated that the Double switch was not behaving properly.

I will test the CentralScene info when I get home to see if there is something I missed.

1 Like

Eric, Iā€™m happy to remove my DH so there is no fork. What I was seeing at scenenumber reflected which button clicked, keyattributes reflects how many times clicked, which fired twice with value 1 and 2 if you do a hold and release. You are right that it always switches load, which is not what you want. Iā€™m trying to replace a standard uk double dimmer, so need to support two loads, which the dimmer doesnā€™t do.

Iā€™ll investigate further.

Hi Robin, not trying to create a fork, so Iā€™ll remove from Git. Have absolutely no intention of taking credit from Eric, but wasnā€™t sure on the right etiquette. Need to learn how to do a pull request to Ericā€™s repo if that is the right terminology.

Iā€™ll have a go when family are gone to bed :slight_smile:

edit: but as you say, I think that is 2-5 association groups

Thanks @RogerSelwyn for pointing out something that I missed on the scene processing. It is now working with the following mappings. On the right is the action you take on the switch and on the left is what will be usable in SmartThings.

Button Mappings

Toggle Mode
1 pushed - S1 1x toggle
4 pushed - S1 2x toggle
5 pushed - S1 3x toggle

1 held - S2 1x toggle
4 held - S2 2x toggle
5 held - S2 3x toggle

Momentary Mode
1 pushed - S1 1x click
2 pushed - S1 release
3 pushed - S1 hold
4 pushed - S1 2x click
5 pushed - S1 3x click

1 held - S2 1x click
2 held - S2 release
3 held - S2 hold
4 held - S2 2x click
5 held - S2 3x click

Thanks @erocm1231. The help doesnā€™t show for me on the device. I donā€™t know if you need the paragraph formatting to be

title:"${it.@label}\n" + "${it.Help}"

Are you on ios or android? Also, does the initial ā€œsettingsā€ paragraph show up?

Iā€™m on iOS. Not quite sure what you mean by initial settings paragraph.

If you mean the ā€˜Once you changeā€¦ā€™ text, yes I get that under a title called Settings.

Alright, I believe I have it fixed for iOS. Let me know if you notice anything else.

1 Like