New Fibaro switches FGS-213/223

Yes hopefully. Thanks for all your efforts on this. That last update did seem to do the trick.

hi - could you please post a link to the update? thanks

Ah - what are the steps to update the existing protocols i have setup for my ST?

i mean update the code…

thanks - will try this. To confirm this is the update for the fibaro 213 relay?

Hi - Just wanted to check if your challenges have been resolved with the latest update?

Mine were. This is 100% working for me.

@erocm1231 Thanks your for you incredible work, I appreciate it a lot. I have a question, is there support for flashing mode, defined in #10: Advanced parameters paragraph: 13. First channel - pulse time for flashing mode, page 17 of this manual: http://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGS-2x3/FGS-2x3-EN-T-v1.1.pdf ?

The typical usage of this is to interact with electrical Relays.

@anon36505037 thanks for your answer, I’ve tried the flash mode as you said it turn on/off the light as an alarm. But I need a different behaviour. I have a momentary switch connected to an electrical relay, once pressed it turns the light on, pressing it again turns the light off. How do I have to configure the switch?

I think it already has a small box/circuit that toggles the light on/off
with a momentary push switch. If that is correct he can do away with that
box/circuit because the Fibaro switches have that functionality built in.
Just connect the physical push switch to the Fibaro and the Fibaro to the
light and select the correct mode of operation on the Fibaro.

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233
Skype “eskdale”

Select the correct mode of operation on the Fibaro

Yep, is exactly about it! :slight_smile:

I need configuration info for those params:

Operating mode: Standard, Delay ON/OFF, Auto ON/OFF, Flashing (maybe not the last one because flashing acts like a siren)
Reaction for Delay/Auto: Cancel, No Reaction, Reset
Time for Delay/Auto: 0-32000
Pulse time for Flashing: 1 - 32000

I tried some combinations, but without any success. Also the official documentation doesn’t help me too much…

Page 17: http://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGS-2x3/FGS-2x3-EN-T-v1.1.pdf

@anon36505037 a momentary switch is like a button, does not have the on state and the off state. When I push it for the first time turns on lights, pushing it again turns them off.

I need a push and a release of the button, default configuration works like an on/off toggle. I know that is possibile to configure it to just push but I don’t know how to set the params.

It works! Thanks for your support @anon36505037! I’m agree with yo, about to control a dumb relay with a smart one, I will change the implant when ($$) possibile.

For a momentary switch using the @erocm1231’s “fibaro-fgs-223-dual-relay” I put:

Param 10: 4 (Auto OFF)
Param 12: 1 (0,1s Time for Delay)

And it works. Of course the state of the light is not recognized by the App but I can use both manual and smart switches.

Cheers to all for support

PS. @erocm1231 Auto OFF doesn’t update the icon status in app.

1 Like

@erocm1231 Any plans to update to ST new color scheme? I see more and more of my devices getting these new colors

@cscheiene @anon36505037 is there any documentation on the “new color scheme”?

Edit: Never mind, I found it.

1 Like

I’m struggling to get my Smartthings to see my FGS-223. Being new to this I guess I am missing something. Can someone give me or point me to a step by step guide to installing this?

Cheers

Steve

1. Wire up your module, leaving it accessible.
  2. Put app into “Add a thing” mode.
  3. Press the ‘B’ button on the front of the module 3 times in quick succession to put it into “Inclusion” mode.
  4. Save the module when it appears.
  5. Go into the “My device Handlers” section of the developer portal and add the FGS-223 device handler.
  6. Go into the “My Devices” section of the developer portal and change the device type for your switch to “Fibaro FGS-223 Dual Relay”.

You could add the device handler first and then it may pick up the correct device type automatically. I think mine did this, but its been a few weeks since I did it so I don’t fully recall.

Thank you. I I think the “quick succession” was the key. It worked straight away.

Can I control the dual outputs individually?

When I use Dim and Dimmer smart app or Routines I can only seem to control the unit as a whole, and I guess turn both outputs on or off simultaneously?

Thanks

Just updated all my handlers to the new color scheme.

1 Like