New features in version 2.10

I can’t believe more people aren’t complaining about this.

I got a notification that one of my doors opened. Roughly 45 seconds later, I finally am at a point in the ST app to check the status of my things and see if there’s a burglar roaming inside my house.

Is there any QA taking place before app updates are released? Unacceptable.

2 Likes

It a hit and miss for me on the load time. Most of the time the app it’s quick but every so often, it does take much longer.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Startup time is pretty ridiculous. I even took the time to submit a review on the Play Store because of it.

1 Like

I’m currently using the Smart Locks DTH and App from RBoy. One of the features is that it will tell you who unlocked the door, basically giving the lock code a string/name identifier. Does the Smartthings new built in do the same? If I switch to the native version now under the normal DTH, will it allow me to have push notifications identifying the user that unlocked the door, via a string/name? Or will it just say “unlocked with code 2”?

Wow! Full factory reset?! Ugh. That’s such a mess to do. I was worried it may come to that. I currently have a ticket with smartthings support, so I will wait and see what they say there but if nothing works I’ll keep this in mind. Thanks! If anything, it’s nice to know it’s not just me. I’ve never see something like this before. Out of curiosity, did you try uninstalling smartthings app all together before the factory reset? I want to try that but I’m worried if I do, I won’t be able to download it again and then I won’t have ST running at all. :confused:

1 Like

From what I have seen, there is no way to configure push notifications or SMS notifications for your mobile device with the new Smart Locks. The logs do show the lock and which user unlocked it. You do get a notification bar at the top of the ST app when it is open with those details. I haven’t tried using it with webcore yet.

Note: I did not start getting the user info until I switched ALL my locks to the new DTHs. Until I switched ALL my locks over to the new DTHs, I was getting lock was unlocked by Master code.

Yeah if you delete the app now you wouldn’t be able to download it again via the Play Store, unless you find an apk. Some of the things i tried was clearing cache from the Play store app, deleting it, same with google play services, deleting my google account from the phone, rebooting the phone, wiping cache partition, walking around the phone anti-clockwise 5 times trying to summon the ST Gods, in the end i had to factory reset 2 phones, 8 hours it took, and they didn’t even send me a Multi Sensor to say sorry.

2 Likes

Wow! This totally worked! I don’t know why either but thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. Got to love the community.
I did all the above mentioned settings as well as a few others to cover all areas. Here’s what I did step by step for anyone else having this issue:
Settings > display. Changed from 720 (what I usually run at) to the highest setting, WQHD, and I also changed the screen zoom to medium because I run it at small and wasn’t sure if that was causing some issue as well. Then for good measure I cleared cache AND data for the play store (did not clear any on ST) from the applications settings page. went to the play store app (had to agree to some terms etc because of cleared data) and then ST was available for update. Crazy!
Also as noted above in other post, after the download was completed, I put all my settings back to how I had them. No factory reset needed

(Also for @Alwas . Thanks for your help! Sorry you had to factory reset. If I’m guessing, I’d assume the reset changed your display settings to default and that may have been the trick.) Either way, now we know for next time.

1 Like

Huh? Usually that works. But I think after daylight savings it goes back to walking clockwise again. Maybe that would have done it? :joy::joy:
But seriously, sorry you had to do all that. Such a pain for sure! I did figure it out thanks to @WB70. Turns out it was just a display setting. Smh. I don’t get it either.

1 Like

Glad I came across that. You may want to give Samsung a call so they can officially address it.

From what I had found while searching, this is isolated to the Galaxy only. It appeared to be a whole lot of people experiencing it and I’m sure there are going to be more people with these phones and default display settings the same.

I don’t have a Galaxy, but what specifically did you change it from and to? Detailed instructions would be great so they can be passed on in the event that someone else reports it, and before they end up restoring their phone to factory settings like @Alwas ended up doing, ughh.

1 Like

I just " attempted" to delve into the updated app, from opening the app it was 42 seconds ( from the time I started timing) waiting for the dashboard to load. How is this in any way an upgrade? How much time am I supposed to waste making changing, seeing what the " great new app" is supposed to do when it takes 40+ seconds to load a page?

For all those questioning the " Family" tab and what it is used for. Personally I never used it to see who was home, but rather to check and see when somebody got home or left. For those suggesting to just make a " family room", I have always had a " presence " room. The " room" only shows who is, or is not present. It is not have a single page displaying the last time every sensor arrived or left and the battery level of every sensor. So what was 1 click on a tab to show every presence device status, is now a click on rooms, wait, click on presence, wait, then click on which presence device I want to see details of. What was 5-10 seconds for all devices, is now a 2-3 minute process for 1 device.

1 Like

Agree, I have contacted smartthings support and others with details of what
I did to solve the problem. They also mentioned to me that they have seen
this issue when apps are moved to the expanded SD card and that moving back
to phone storage can help.

Not that it matters, but I am not seeing the speed issues.

But then the question may be how many devices you have listed as favorites (I have a smaller list set as favorites, and it loads in seconds). I see a huge lag when setting up scenes because of the number of devices that I have.

Just a thought.

Tyler - would I pick Zwave lock over Zwave Lock With Codes?

Also, i assume im doing this from the my device > edit device > TYPE field?

Please let this not ever be the suggestion for my hub, I wouldn’t wish this on my worst frienemy …OMG LOL

1 Like

Why would you do the no code option?

I love the idea of. The new lock codes manager but I have a question. Although it lets me add new codes and lets me name them…after adding the code, it only shows me the code name… i don’t see any way to see what the actual code is after it has been added. Am I missing something?

I think it’s a great start… i love the idea of this functionality being included, but I would love Tom see some more advanced functionality like being able to assign temporary codes, sending push notifications on unlock, etc.

1 Like

Sometimes I forget to pull the front door completely closed when I leave, and get the unknown message because the Kwikset 914 lock can’t report open or closed so it reports unknown.

This is not new to the update.

That’s it, I don’t have any favorites or scenes yet. App is too slow to load for me to bother even trying to play with it. Strictly voice and SmartTiles/ActionTiles. Hopefully they fix this mess before I need to setup the Christmas lights next weekend.