New features in version 2.10

There’s no petition AFAIK. Just several of us grumbling here in the forum.

If you contact support directly via email, you can ask them to forward your comments to the mobile app design team.

You can also leave a review in the app store describing how you’re unhappy with the change. They monitor those reviews too.

2 Likes

marktheknife thanks for information. i can’t say that i’m unhappy with the changes, I just find it hard to understand everything as i’m currently on some sarm that impair my thinking ability! but i assume that’s what we’re all getting through when updating or installing anything new, isn’t it?

@Tyler It would be nice to see a published list of devices and the corresponding DTH recommended by ST for best user experience. Have a column that indicate cloud/local execution would be a bonus too.

1 Like

This doesn’t cover the DTH, but this post from Brad covers the supported list of locks https://www.smartthings.com/products/-/filter/categories/door-locks :

Interesting, works for me now. I wonder if they changed something in the back end because all of these updates were back end as I didn’t receive an app update. Awesome work guys!!!

Nice update, thank you.

Really minor niggle but it would be nice to see consistency across UI elements. For example, the updating square that comes up briefly when accessing tabs once in this new locks section is different from the updating square that shows up when accessing a thing from the My Home section.

The only notification I am seeing is Unlocked by Master Code but doesn’t say which user.

Yes, that’s the wrong Device Type Handler.

If you’re using a custom DTH for locks, or otherwise wish to return to “stock”, where codes are now natively supported:

If you have a ZigBee lock, select “ZigBee Lock”. If you have a Z-Wave lock, select “Z-Wave Lock”. That’s it! Using any other Type of device in the IDE will mean you’re using an unsupported setup.

2 Likes

I take that back. Unfortunately, FaceID works sporadically with the new TouchID setting and sometimes results in this error which kicks you all the way out…I let support know…

1 Like

This kind of thing is not exclusively the decision of the designer (or coder), but usually involves the “Product Manager”.

The choice of where to put a new feature in an App and how it may impact existing features is determined by many factors, not just the perspective of a few Beta testers and Forum commenters.

Perhaps SmartThings has analytics and/or customers research indicating that the “Family tab” was unpopular. Or perhaps they have longer term plans for how the App sections will be organized and this is just a first step. That may or may not include plans to allow the customer to tailor the choice of tabs.

In other words… It doesn’t hurt to offer feedback and even frustration here, but the decisions involved were and are much more complicated than anyone assumes.

5 Likes

Love the new scene feature! As well as the other updates.

But, I would really like to see the family tab back under My Home with Scenes moved to the Automation tab… Seems much more logical.

1 Like

The fact that SmartThings is bringing us a lot more enhancements and features albiet at once :joy:, is in of itself an outstanding thing, period! I totally understand that some of this is going to come with frustrations and minor issues and will not please everyone with everything that is implemented, but just the idea that with all of the beta programs going on right now, and all of these additional features that have been given to us after months of sitting idle and stagnant (end user perspective), I have to give it to SmartThings that in my view this is a huge step forward and a little driving factor worth sticking around for, JMO.

5 Likes

Any chance they tried to sneak an entry/exit delay In smart home monitor?

Let’s not get too crazy now… :grin:

3 Likes

Ya, they snuck it into the SmartThings/ADT alarm system.

1 Like

I do have a custom handler but the app appears to be working properly. It isnt reporting any codes though. So my question would be, how do I add codes that are already there? If I add the same code will it overwrite the other and replace them or will I need to fix the DTH first.

Once I fix the DTH will it wipe my codes? How would I go about that?

I try not to assume anything since we’re pretty far away from my area of expertise with basically everything that’s done around here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Functionality wise, everything should be ok with your DTH (I’m using RBoy stuff), but if you start messing with the lock codes from the new ST Lock SmartApp and that functionality breaks, they aren’t going to support it with the custom DTH we use, so you either have to cut the cord and switch to the OOTB DTH, or take your chances. :slight_smile:

If you use our official handlers it’ll pull in the existing codes. I don’t know anything about your setup or what it will do if you try to add an existing code, but it probably can’t hurt.

1 Like

Would you say its probably safe to add a code in the app thats already programmed? Id prefer they be managed through the app for integration purposes.