New features in version 2.10

Do we need to change from RBoys custom device handler?

You can also use scenes in a routine.

We donā€™t support custom Device Type Handlers. Youā€™ll need to switch to our new lock DTHs if youā€™d like to use our official lock code solution.

1 Like

Are these lock DTHā€™s also new with this release?

IMHO it was unnecessary to replace the family tab with the new scenes tab.

Scenes are closely linked to routines, so why not add a tab next to routines in the automations screen? There appears to be room for it there anyway.

Iā€™m not a mobile app designer or coder, so if Iā€™m misunderstanding how this all works, please educate me!

4 Likes

Yeah that makes no sense to meā€¦ worst case, it should be optional to select which tabs you want to see in the interface, in case youā€™re more interested in the Family info than you are in the Scenes.

I switch the DTH to the Zwave Locks with Codes and getting this error for all my locks. Am I missing something?

7:11:58 AM: debug Garage Entry Lock is not ready for code creation
7:11:58 AM: debug Garage Entry Lock is not ready for code creation as the lockCodes attribute is null

Update: Actually, the Yale lock is working with that device type. Itā€™s allowing me to successfully create and delete code. Now whatā€™s wrong with the Schlage Camelot and Kwikset ?

Anyone else seeing the SmartThings app taking 30-40 seconds to load since the update? I am on a Pixel XL running Android 8.0.

Just sits on the blue SmartThings screen until it finally loads half a minute later. Fingerprint auth disabled.

2 Likes

It was that long for me too only on first launch after install. Subsequent startups have been at normal time it seems.

1 Like

Even if you swipe the app away? Mine takes forever any time itā€™s launching fresh, either because I closed it or Android managed it out of running processes.

I havenā€™t used the lock app yet, but Schlage has a static pin code length set manually on the lock. Iā€™m guessing if you enter a pin length that isnā€™t the same as that setting you will get an error.

I have the pin length set to 4 digits only on the lock. Lock manager is working fine with the 4 digits.

1 Like

try the z-wave lock dth. It is showing as local when used.

where do I sign the petition to bring the Family tab back? Put scenes under automations/smartapps where it makes more sense please

2 Likes

For now, just create a room and place all your presence sensors in there. Itā€™s one extra click to see what you need to see.

1 Like

You should remove the lock and re-pair it. We have a few new DTHs depending on model that were published for this.

If thatā€™s too annoying Iā€™ll see if I can find the list and post it here.

2 Likes

How do you enable the fingerprint access?

Never mind. Figured it out.

As I saw someone else explain:

A Scene is a State. Objects in the scene will be set to a certain value (as determined by the user) when the scene is set.
A Routine is a Transition from one State to another State.

You can set separate scenes for separate areas of the home and trigger them independently through various methods. You can use a routine to trigger one or more scenes in a single pass.

This will remove a lot of Smart Lighting children for me. I was using virtual buttons/switches to trigger smart lights, and then linking all of those buttons or switches into Routines in order to set a scene in the house. Now I can do it all from the single built-in location.

2 Likes

Thanksā€¦ changing to just z-wave lock dth worked.

FaceID works for me.