(EDGE Driver-Mc): Z-wave Remotec ZRC-90 Scene Master and Namron Button Remote Mc

(New Edge Driver) for Remotec ZRC-90 Scene Master, (8 Buttons Remote Controller)

• At the request of a user, I have added this remote control to the stock Beta driver Z-Wave Button
  • I have added it with the 8 buttons and the 4 native actions: “pushed”, “down_hold”, “double”, “held”
  • I have changed the name of the driver to Z-Wave Button Mc to differentiate it from the stock driver
┌─────────────┬──────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Name        │ Z-Wave Button Mc                     │
│ Version     │ 2022-03-03T16:05:10.04846            │
└─────────────┴──────────────────────────────────────┘

Link to the shared channel

SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things

Link to supported Devices Z-Wave Button Mc

Link to original thread of Groovy DTH

https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-remotec-zrc-90-scene-master-button-device-supporting-24-unique-button-commands-see-post-177-for-2021-app-version/40309/225?u=mariano_colmenarejo

Link to Post Namron remotes 2, 4, 8 buttons

4 Likes

Awesome! :sunglasses:

I have enrolled in your channel for the ZRC 90. How do I find your edge type in the smart things app?

After doing this, I go to add new device and scan nearby but nothing comes up.

I did a factory reset all my ZRC 90. And now I can’t get it to add back. That would be even prior to installing your edge driver. So I am in some deep issues. If anybody knows how to add back the Zrc 90, please please let me know.

You need to exclude it first.
Go the the hub icon in app, click 3 dots, select z-wave utilities and then z-wave exclude.

1 Like

Here the web for manual download.

I think you must press R key to enter in remove Mode and R+L or W+L Keys to inclusion mode.

1 Like

OK thanks. After doing all this, and re-adding it back to Smartthings, will it automatically find your edge driver?

Once you have excluded the device from your hub you have to do:

• install the driver on your hub
  • In the app, Add new device and search nearby
  • Press the inclusion keys on the device, (W+L I think), until it is included and the led stops blinking

I have already installed your driver on my hub last night. Is there somewhere where I am supposed to see that the driver is on my hub?

I am not home so I cannot re-add the ZRC- 90 until I get home.

In the app, open the hub and tap on the 3-dot menu at the top right.
Click on driver and there you will see all the drivers installed on your hub

I was able to add it successfully to smart things. It shows up as “Z wave remote.”

However I cannot do anything with it. When I try to create a routine With it, the device does not show up in my devices when I tried to create a routine with it.

Do I somehow have to assign your edge driver to it?

It appears to have been paired with the Z-wave Remote DTH.

Please send the full fingerprint of the device, which is seen in the IDE, it may have a different ProductType than the one in the edge driver

Is this what you need?

Added in this driver date version

Delete old version from your hub and install new version from channel

┌─────────────┬──────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Name        │ Z-Wave Button Mc                     │
│ Version     │ 2022-03-06T12:51:05.064654           │
└─────────────┴──────────────────────────────────────┘
  {mfr = 0x5254, prod = 0x0000, model = 0x8510} -- Remotec zrc-90
1 Like

I’ll give it another shot later in the week and report back. Thanks!

What is the stock DTH for this device, the “Z-Wave Button” Groovy DTH?

Everything is working perfectly now. Thank you for getting this button device back in action. It’s a handy device with eight buttons that do multiple pushes!!

2 Likes

@Mariano_Colmenarejo

Can you make a Z wave button edge driver for this device? Easy these are pretty popular with people in the community. It’s called an Aeon minimote.

It has four buttons each button has a pressed and held function.

Aeon Labs DSA03202 v1 - Z-Wave Minimote https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KU7ERAW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_9BR1WGRBFXKN9X2970FR

1 Like

This device exist yet in the Z-Wave Button driver stock and Z-Wave Button Mc too

- id: Aeotec/minimote
    deviceLabel: Aeon Minimote
    manufacturerId: 0x0086
    productType: 0x0001
    productId: 0x0003
    deviceProfileName: multi-button-4
1 Like

I see that now. Great. Thanks so much for the Zrc-90 work.