New Ecobee lite Thermostat - much cheaper-

They are super nice. They make all the other sensors I have look stupid. I plan to buy more soon.

You can get good reports that include more using normal sensors and groveStreams. But the groveStreams is a little pricey. I’m just playing with it now. It’s super powerful though. . . .

Thank you James. I have sent an email to King, and will also look at the Leviton.

Mike

I installed the Monthly stats app, but I don’t know where I’m supposed to see output. Also, which app do I need to use my ST sensors to average temps like the Ecobee remote sensors?

Hi,

Here is my answer to your question:

The stats will appear in the graph at the bottom of My ecobee Device.

Regards.

Great! Thank you.

How long does it take for this to show up? I installed all 3 apps, but the graph area is blank.

Hi,

With the latest version of My Ecobee device(v5.6.6), the graph should appear immediately with your setpoints and the outdoor temperature.

However, if it will take some time (couple of days) to display the stats.

Please make sure to upgrade to the latest ST mobile app versions (v2.2.3/2.2.4) on Android (especially)… I don’t know what is your phone or tablet OS (Android or iOS)… Android requires the latest version of the ST mobile app for the HTMLtile to work properly.

If you have any other ST mobile app version or OS (e.g. Windows mobile), I cannot guarantee that it will work.

Regards.

Thanks. I was on 5.5 of your DH. I haven’t seen 5.6.6 but I did have 5.6.3 so I installed that and now the graphs are showing up. Running iOS 10 and ST app 2.2.3.

Hi, If you want the latest version, I’ve indicated the procedure in my emails.

I will then send you the latest one right away.

Regards.

which sensors do you recommend?

I bought then realized that the sensors doesn’t work with my e3 Lite (my fault but they were on sale). So I need to replace them and saw this thread. So what do these sensors do? Do they work with ST or do they ned a device handler.

Wireless Sensor Tags have their own hub. There is a community created device handler that communicates with WST. It works very well. WST has a reporting web site as well. You can get good data from it. And it’s free. . . . I have two more tags on the way.

The reporting page lets you zoom in and out, etc. The still you can download are crude in comparison. But they give you a sense. Here’s my week.

The crazy dining room temp is from the wall to the side of my wood stove. I burn fires in the evening. . . .

You can get better reports from grovestreams, but they aren’t free. WST is.

1 Like

So do you just place then on a table or do they need to be plugged in?

Also, you said they need there own hub, but I dont want another hub, so im not sure if you mean you can get them to work with ST?

Hi, I have 8 wireless tags and they use CR2032 batteries… I’ve been using them for more than a year now. The batteries last somewhere from 3-6 months depending on their configuration (long range or not).

The only drawback is that they need yet another hub. The ST integration is working well.

I really like their small form factor, and the number of features they bring in a small package.

However, please be aware that support is not always there to help in case of problems. I think that the company behind them is sort of a one-guy operation.

Regards.

1 Like

SInce I bought your app, what do you recommend to use with ecobee 3 lite? I do not want to use another hub (another possible failure point) and I know you aren’t a fan of the ecobee sensors which I returned.

Hi @BBoy486, please refer to my previous post:

Regards.

I’ve got 7 of them now. Two more just came in. I have them set to low range and low power receiver mode. And I have the hub pinging every 10 minutes. It’s set to medium mode. I’m hoping to get closer to a year from the batteries. I’ve only had some of them for a little over 2 months. The most active PIR sensor is still at 93% and I didn’t have it setup efficiently for the first month. . . . I’ll pretty upset if I can only get 3 months. 6 months would also be a little disappointing.

I have a smart sense sensor v1 will that work?

Yes, it works with any ST connected sensors.
Regards.

1 Like

But it won’t measure temp in another room. That’s all I really want. Measure the temp in a few rooms to normalize the house (or that room).